Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why don't people mind that Europe is being invaded Watch

(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Just to make myself clear. I do believe that we have an obligation to take in refugees from Syria, Iraq etc. However I do believe that the influx of economic migrants from Africa could become a problem. I also believe that we should stop funding Saudi. My point of view is from an Secularist Atheist angle rather than right-wing.
    *North Africa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I invaded Britain years ago and still speak no English, like to eat smelly food (not cheese) and wear weird clothes.

I think racists like the OP really help immigrants to integrate.
    That's a pretty serious accusation to call someone a racist. What exactly has the OP said that is racist? I don't think he's mentioned race once.

Or are you one of those lunatics who think that anyone who simply wants controlled borders regardless of people's race is a racist nazi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by are123)
    Sure, it's not a typical invasion with guns / swords, but they are still trying to illegally breach into our lands by the masses, which is safe to call an invasion.
    I would call it a peaceful invasion, but if you see what is happening at Hungary's borders, you'll see it's quite the opposite.

Yeah these migrants are surely going to be a fantastic help to our economy's growth, there must be so many skilled doctors, engineers etc. coming our way! No burden to the taxpayer at all!

Don't be another lunatic.
    It's funny you say that after Europe invaded half the world.

You're another lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    Even if they were, WE DONT NEED THEM. So why should we have to take them in? We are already overpopulated enough.
    Europe is a grey continent, the population is aging, in many countries young people are leaving (although many for other European nations), people are having less children. It doesn't have problems with overpopulation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    *North Africa
    Almost all economic migrants are from sub Saharan Africa not north Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...sis#Statistics

ReputationRep:
    I firmly believe Europe is not being invaded, that is a ridiculous use of the word "invasion". First of all, for an "invasion", it seems to be way too dispersed. And if you want to call immigration an invasion, well then many countries are being "invaded", not just in the west (have you seen the UAE and Singapore and all those non-Western places that have huge numbers of expats?).

Most of the migrants are coming here looking for work opportunities. Many of them come here and set up their own businesses, like shops, hotels and restaurants. They come here to set up companies. They bring in companies from their home countries. They come here for our good standards of educational and healthcare which they might not be able to find where they come from.

Of course there are illegal immigrants in Europe, although I think most are from European nations rather than from outside (it's harder to enter. There are non European illegal migrants I know that). But what happens to them? They either end up homeless and beg on the streets or they take up crappy little jobs (and rarely turn to a life of crime). In many European countries, these people don't have access to any welfare.
    In England I find really weird that anyone, even if they are not British and have never worked in the UK, they get to ask for an unemployment subsidy.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally currently being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this? Why is there no panic?
    Probably because immigration isn't in any way the same thing as invasion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Native population?

No one in their right mind thinks the aboriginals should be handed Australia back and they never even claimed all the land mass to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    It is an invasion; thousands of fighting age men turning up on the doorstep of a country that is (historically or present) a big contributor to the destruction of their homelands, is an invasion.

These people aren't going to contribute for generations, evidence shows that in general second generation immigrants are more criminal than the first, and by a pretty obscene amount (http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...urnalCode=cadc).

We should be helping them in their own countries, not importing their problems to ours.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally currently being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this? Why is there no panic?
    Nothing wrong with migrants per se.
    Trace your family history and you will find migrants somewhere along the line.
    My g/f's grandmother was a migrant.
    If you didn't make such a fuss, you probably wouldn't notice them.

ReputationRep:
    So you're ok to give up your free healthcare so that we can have 10 million 3rd world migrants living here?
    I didn't realise I had to make that choice!
    Could you point me to where this is stated in official policy?
    Thanks.

BTW, the healthcare only seems to be free because you are too young to pay taxes or NI. In reality, we pay for our healthcare. It is only "free" at the point of delivery.

You know when your parents take you on all-inclusive holiday to Benidorm? Well, all those drinks you get aren't "free". They were paid for as part of the overall price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Native population?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anti-duck)
    It is an invasion; thousands of fighting age men turning up on the doorstep of a country that is (historically or present) a big contributor to the destruction of their homelands, is an invasion.

These people aren't going to contribute for generations, evidence shows that in general second generation immigrants are more criminal than the first, and by a pretty obscene amount (http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...urnalCode=cadc).

We should be helping them in their own countries, not importing their problems to ours.
    True. Blast those refugees/migrants fleeing war-torn countries that the West (cough cough the USA and British allies cough) did a large part to destabilise by toppling regimes and leaving power vacuums and allowing religious extremists to take over. Of course! The solution is to bomb them more! That will stop them fleeing all the bombs. Genius!

Watch this with an open mind:

ReputationRep:
    ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anti-duck)

Yup, but unfortunately we have liberal lunatics in charge who are determined to turn us into the same sh*tholes that these people come from.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.