Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Would a University still give me an offer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do Physics with a foundation at University of Sheffield, and I meet all the entry requirements accept the B in GCSE Maths, is there a chance of getting an offer and has anyone ever got an offer for a course despite not having the GCSE reuirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Maverick)
    I really want to do Physics with a foundation at University of Sheffield, and I meet all the entry requirements accept the B in GCSE Maths, is there a chance of getting an offer and has anyone ever got an offer for a course despite not having the GCSE reuirement
    its except* and you should contact the admissions team for more details, but if you dont meet the requirements it would be quite an ask. Doonesbury

ReputationRep:
    Hi David! I highly recommend you don’t apply to that uni if you don’t meet the GCSE requirement. I know someone who applied to Surrey for computer science and was rejected because he didn’t achieve the B in GCSE maths.
    Good luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Universities are very fussy on gcse requirements, why not contact admissions and see if they ll accept a resit?

ReputationRep:
    You may need to resit.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't got a B in GCSE maths then why do you think you'll be able to cope with university level physics? Physics is an extremely mathematical degree.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samendra)
    its except* and you should contact the admissions team for more details, but if you dont meet the requirements it would be quite an ask. Doonesbury
    ^this

Universities tend to be strict on GCSE minimum requirements.
    • Very Important Poster

Why didnt you resit GCSE Maths?

I would say they wont be willing to budge, but you could put on your application that you are due to resit Maths either in November or next year. Nothing to lose and you might get them to make you an offer with a condition you get the B in Maths. You really should have sorted it out previously.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.