Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I text him? :S Watch

Announcements

I met a guy off a site, just for a chat, not expecting much to happen. But then we really clicked! I had only expected we'd meet up for a coffee but we ended up spending about 8 hours together, the time flew by. Conversation between us was great, he was flirting a lot with me too and kissed me. He kept saying I'm someone he can see himself meeting up with again and again, so I agreed to see him in a couple of days. In between the first two meetups the flirting got stronger, he was texting me loads and loads. If I didn't reply to one, he'd still keep going, keeping the conversation going between us which was nice, it made me feel wanted.
    On our second meeting, I hung out at his flat. I got to know him a lot better, he showed me loads of music he's working on, made me dinner, again with conversation going really well between us and I stayed the night. I really never move this fast with people but he was telling me he isn't put off by people moving fast, saying he wants me and he knows I want him, and that it wouldn't change how he felt/treated me if we slept together. And yeah I did want to so.. it was really good to be honest.

The morning after, he was being nice as usual, cuddling me when we woke up. He was chatting loads, making lots of eyecontact, still seemed interested. Sat and had coffee together before I left and he went to work. As I was saying goodbye, he suddenly kissed me differently, like really short. He hadn't made any more plans to see me again so I just said "See you soon!" and he kinda awkwardly said "I'll get back to you.." without any confirmation if we'd see each other again. I mean, it was completely unexpected cause he seemed completely into me. I sent a short text when I got home, he replied just saying 'cool!' and that was it. I've only known him a few days but before, he'd be texting loads and flirting. Now just nothing.. I don't understand? He was saying before he wants to see me now he's just gone quiet.. I feel like I should give him space and see if he gets back to me. Or maybe I should say something to find out how he feels, set another date? I'm a bit confused.

ReputationRep:
    I'd find out how he feels.

ReputationRep:
    I always mention in other threads that communication is the key to a good relationship. How else would you resolve problems without knowing what the other person is thinking, or the emotions they are experiencing? So typically, my advice would be to talk to them and explain to them how their avoidance or lack of correspondence is making you feel, and attempt to work it out from there.
    However, from the sounds of things, it seems like he just wanted to get into your pants, which would explain the initial high speed he was progressing at in the start of your relationship and the sudden distance he demonstrated after. I might be wrong, though, but it is my opinion. Personally, I would message him and ask what's wrong.

I hope everything works out in the end.

Uugh I said I had a nice time getting to know him better and asked if he'd like to meet up again sometime and he's not replied. Fuu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Uugh I said I had a nice time getting to know him better and asked if he'd like to meet up again sometime and he's not replied. Fuu.
    Give it some time lol, ppl can be busy. If he has read it and not replied, ur better off without him.

ReputationRep:
    It's honestly not that complicated - send him a text message acknowledging that he has cooled down and ask him for his reasoning behind it and his side of the story. Afterwards, if there is any chance of a future between you two, carry on as before. If not, step aside and don't look back.

Ugh so I was happy leaving it at that thinking he wasn't interested. Then I get a text at 3am from him saying his phone had died (but he was on facebook likely with his phone earlier a few times..) and that it would be "cool to hang again" hmm. I didn't respond to that cause I kinda believe he'd have been in a club since I didn't hear from him until 3am. So I waited until this evening to ask if he's free in a couple of days to go out, he answered quickly but still just "Could do!" "Need to have a think" etc so no solid answer or plans. I can't tell if he's playing games or just not interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ugh so I was happy leaving it at that thinking he wasn't interested. Then I get a text at 3am from him saying his phone had died (but he was on facebook likely with his phone earlier a few times..) and that it would be "cool to hang again" hmm. I didn't respond to that cause I kinda believe he'd have been in a club since I didn't hear from him until 3am. So I waited until this evening to ask if he's free in a couple of days to go out, he answered quickly but still just "Could do!" "Need to have a think" etc so no solid answer or plans. I can't tell if he's playing games or just not interested.
    yo the way he texts u is straaange, leave it, he sounds like he's playing games or some ****, trust, people who play games are annoying as ****, dont talk to him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.