Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

So the 13th Doctor was revealed as..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Jodie Whittaker!

I'm really excited to see them make their debut, how do you all feel about this announcement?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    genuinly suprised actually! I think they've been leading up to it though. haven't heard of her before - hope she's good
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VinnicombeDmv)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Jodie Whittaker!

I'm really excited to see them make their debut, how do you all feel about this announcement?
    I think there could be divided opinion about it, I m excited to see who they have as a companion to work with her.
    Feels like they were testing the waters with missy now
    • Welcome Squad

does that mean they need a male companion now?
    or is it staying the same?

ReputationRep:
    Very disappointed with the decision. If they were gonna go for a female then they should have gone Olivia Coleman or just stick with the character being male. This will probably put me off watching now.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see the shitstorm by people who have nothing better to complain about.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The BBC social justice agenda strikes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am so happy... I think she's going to make a great doctor 😆
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I think there could be divided opinion about it, I m excited to see who they have as a companion to work with her.
    Feels like they were testing the waters with missy now
    yeah, shame that Bill left as it might have had some good plots, but if Moffats leaving then they probably want the new writer to have something to write about

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to see a good argument against a woman doctor, everything so far has been either "The show should never change" or "Women can't act the same". Either way, absolute *******s.

I've never seen Jodie Whittaker before so I'm excited to see her as the new incarnation. The tardis key trick is intriguing too!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    absolutely no idea who she is - heard of broadchurch but never watched, are we talking proper sci-fi actress, generic "drama" or what?

ReputationRep:
    It should have been a male doctor, which means that her companion should be a male now. Gender balance.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    yeah, shame that Bill left as it might have had some good plots, but if Moffats leaving then they probably want the new writer to have something to write about
    The companion falling in love with the doctors been done so many times but it would have been a different twist on it. I think a fresh start is a good idea.
    It makes sense the lines they had about time lords not noticing gender in the series finale now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Political correctness gone mad - it's not sexism, it's tradition (a whopping 54 years of it!).

Gravely disappointed. Nail in the coffin.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of annoyed that it's not a male doctor. It's not the same, as the doctor has always been male, and it was always intended to be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm never watching Doctor Who again, typical BBC pandering to the feminists and the equality parade. The Doctor has always been a man, that's how the character is written and that's how the dynamic works. I'm sure ratings and views will plummet and they'll only have themselves to blame.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I'm never watching Doctor Who again, typical BBC pandering to the feminists and equality parade. The Doctor has always been a man, that's how the character is written and that's how the dynamic works. I'm sure ratings will plummet and they'll only have themselves to blame.
    Shame that I've got to agree with you for once.

ReputationRep:
    All these years it has been a male. They can't just change it for the audience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    absolutely no idea who she is - heard of broadchurch but never watched, are we talking proper sci-fi actress, generic "drama" or what?
    Generic drama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Political correctness gone mad - it's not sexism, it's tradition (a whopping 54 years of it!).

Gravely disappointed. Nail in the coffin.
    And why is breaking tradition necessarily a bad thing? Traditionally men would work and women would be silent and clean the house. Should we never have broken that one? Get over yourself. We've yet to see how she does in her new shoes, for all you might know the next season could be the best ever!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.