Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

R.I.P Dr Who Watch

ReputationRep:
    The cult sci if series has officially ended.

ReputationRep:
    Cant help but agree with this. The first few episodes will do well as people will want to see what its like but like the new presenters on top gear it will dive bomb fast. The only actress who had a chance imo would have been Olivia Colemen. Should have stuck with a male lead.

ReputationRep:
    That was my initial reaction too!
    But I am warming a bit to the idea of a female doctor - as long as there is a male companion - at least one companion, hopefully two

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for it to be Kris Marshall, who I thought might have been quite good, as I liked him in Death in Paradise. I don't think I'll watch it again now, even though I've been watching it since the Christopher Eccelston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    I was waiting for it to be Kris Marshall, who I thought might have been quite good, as I liked him in Death in Paradise. I don't think I'll watch it again now, even though I've been watching it since the Christopher Eccelston.
    I'm just going to watch the classics. I am writing a letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    I'm just going to watch the classics. I am writing a letter.
    I'm pretty sure they've already started filming so it wouldn't make much difference, but it's worth a try

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they've already started filming so it wouldn't make much difference, but it's worth a try
    Hopefully they just do one series with this pair of tits

ReputationRep:
    At least it isn't Torchwood, where they seemed to make every single character do gay stuff in every scene for no apparent reason. Maybe they think a female doctor is what people want or that they're smashing down some mythical barrier.

Soon enough we'll have a transexual Chinese wheelchair-bound James Bond. Soon after that straight people will be nailed to crosses and pelted with Club biscuits.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully they just do one series with this pair of tits
    No, l I bet they'll try and be more progressive next time, by not having a gender at all to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    No, l I bet they'll try and be more progressive next time, by not having a gender at all to the doctor.
    Haha make doctor Who a robot or something

ReputationRep:
    It died when matt smith went tbh

ReputationRep:
    And again, people judging the new doctor based on a 1 minute clip with no story and little acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBerkut)
    At least it isn't Torchwood, where they seemed to make every single character do gay stuff in every scene for no apparent reason. Maybe they think a female doctor is what people want or that they're smashing down some mythical barrier.

Soon enough we'll have a transexual Chinese wheelchair-bound James Bond. Soon after that straight people will be nailed to crosses and pelted with Club biscuits.
    You copied that bit off a youtube comment you evil plagiarist!

ReputationRep:
    Another example of cultural Marxism destroying a proud British tradition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish4343)
    And again, people judging the new doctor based on a 1 minute clip with no story and little acting.
    Why am I not entitled to my opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I can't ****ing wait. I don't even like Dr. Who

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
    Another example of cultural Marxism destroying a proud British tradition.
    I'm not a fan of a female Doctor... but how the f*ck is a friggin TIME LORD changing their sex 'cultural marxism'? 'Cultural Marxism' is just another melodramatic conspiracy theory perpetuated by the far-right, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I not entitled to my opinion?
    You are just as entitled to your opinion, as he is to call out your opinion as bs.

ReputationRep:
    the next doctor should be box of Kleenex™

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    You are just as entitled to your opinion, as he is to call out your opinion as bs.
    Well that's offending my opinion, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.