Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    Well that's offending my opinion, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT
    Not a clever use of the term there love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Not a clever use of the term there love.
    What do you mean you are denying me my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    You copied that bit off a youtube comment you evil plagiarist!
    I'm sure someone will have said something similar to 'transsexual Chinese wheelchair-bound James Bond', but I really can't see anyone saying the second bit about being nailed to crosses and pelted with club biscuits (Viscounts are far more likely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish4343)
    And again, people judging the new doctor based on a 1 minute clip with no story and little acting.
    Its been a male for ages, why change a succesfull series when its fine as it was.

Im not hating on her, but i just prefer ot being a male for Dr Who. It's like making Indiana Jones a female or James bond a female. It makes 0% sense making it a female imo hope the Doctor after her is Matt Smith again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Its been a male for ages, why change a succesfull series when its fine as it was.

Im not hating on her, but i just prefer ot being a male for Dr Who. It's like making Indiana Jones a female or James bond a female. It makes 0% sense making it a female imo hope the Doctor after her is Matt Smith again
    It makes perfect sense considering the Doctor can regenerate into a whole new body.

ReputationRep:
    Why do the liberal left refuse to accept that women just don't have the same capabilities that men do? The PC brigade are literally stealing jobs from highly qualified men and giving them to talentless women.

(Original post by Goldfish4343)
    It makes perfect sense considering the Doctor can regenerate into a whole new body.
    well its just my opinion at the end of the day. I prefer it being male and it seems better having a female companion.

50% don't agree with the change and 50% agree (idk why thoughhaha )

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why you'd try to get them to go with a male doctor by sending a strongly worded letter, they're not going to do it, and even if they did the media s***storm they'd get for going back on the plan to make the Doctor female would probably hit the ratings just as hard as keeping her on.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    With all due respect, people who are dismissing the next series already need to get over it. So what if the Doctor is a woman? Presumably you watch because you enjoy the show, not because the lead is a male specifically.

The whole concept hinges on someone who has regenerated into a new body a good 12+ times now, and you can accept that, but you can't handle the idea they could regenerate into a woman? They've been hinting at this since at least series 5/6, it's nothing new :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have preferred Olivia Colman or Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but do not think it will be the end of the show at all.

ReputationRep:
    Right, real talk now: Doctor Who is not a great TV show. It is a good TV show, and has an extremely zealous fanbase, but viewership has been steadily dropping since it was rebooted with Christopher Ecclescake in 2005. Here's the average viewing figures per episode for each doctor:

Ecclestone: 7.95 million
    Tennant: 7.77 million
    Smith: 7.45 million
    Capaldi: 6.58 million

A female doctor won't kill Doctor Who, its fanbase getting tired of the less than stellar production value and writing is what will kill it. People need to stop acting like it's some pristine bastion of british television that's going to go down the toilet when they make a questionable character choice, because it's mid-flush already. Just admit you don't like the idea because change is scary to you and move the hell on. If you're not going watch the show again after this then that's fine, there's loads of great sci fi series out there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.