Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

He says he loves me but we can't be together..Help :( Watch

I've been with my 'boyfriend' for 5 years, since we were 15, we are both 21 now. I've been on a year abroad but since I've came back, it's been different between us. We had an argument not long after I returned, and since then, he has been really difficult with me.

He said he wanted to break up because I'm 'too negative' and not 'loving enough'. But, I don't feel as if this is a valid reason to break up, and he is exaggerating. But, he said he still loves me but 'it will never work out'.

I just don't know what to do about it. He says we are better off as friends but I don't know how this would work if he loves me. I don't want to beg for him back as I'm scared this will push him away even more. Yesterday, he said he wanted to have sex with me, but I don't know if this is a good idea if he doesn't want a relationship...

Help..I don't know what to do to make it better

I don't know how to save our relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my 'boyfriend' for 5 years, since we were 15, we are both 21 now. I've been on a year abroad but since I've came back, it's been different between us. We had an argument not long after I returned, and since then, he has been really difficult with me.

He said he wanted to break up because I'm 'too negative' and not 'loving enough'. But, I don't feel as if this is a valid reason to break up, and he is exaggerating. But, he said he still loves me but 'it will never work out'.

I just don't know what to do about it. He says we are better off as friends but I don't know how this would work if he loves me. I don't want to beg for him back as I'm scared this will push him away even more. Yesterday, he said he wanted to have sex with me, but I don't know if this is a good idea if he doesn't want a relationship...

Sorry to break to this news to you, but he does not love you anymore. Clearly something has changed in the time that you were away. He's using excuses to end the relationship on friendly terms.

He doesn't want to be a relationship, but still wants sex? Still claims to love you, but would rather be friends.

Get rid.

I know it is so confusing, but I feel like it could work as we usually get on fine. I don't know what to do because I still love him so much
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This happened with me but it turns out we needed a break for some space and time apart to realise how much we loved and needed eachother. Could also be the case for you.

(Original post by Fermion.)
    This happened with me but it turns out we needed a break for some space and time apart to realise how much we loved and needed eachother. Could also be the case for you.
    Yes, we did not talk for about 2 weeks after an argument when I returned home. When I met with him yesterday, it was nice and we both enjoy spending time together. But, he is still being difficult with me.

ReputationRep:
    You've been gone for a year..that's a long time for people to change and grow apart.

I haven't been gone for a full year. I came home at christmas for 6 weeks, Easter for two then he came to visit me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Don't you see, he just wants the pussy

ReputationRep:
    it may be you've just grown apart during the year abroad, even if you saw each other you will have changed and he may feel abandoned

I think you need to talk to him about why it can't work and what the problem is to try and find out if you've just grown apart or if there's a real problem you can resolve

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.