Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The new Doctor is a woman! Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ed-13th-doctor

I can feel a disturbance in the force, as millions of bitter woman hating virgins cry out in anger XD

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it'll just ruin the dynamic of the show. I can't see how the new 'doctor' will get the funny/angry personality right. The needed someone like Eccleston/Capaldi. They almost ruined it with Tennent. This has pushed it over the edge.

Don't watch DW, but think it is good to have more women in science and SciFi in general. But I do cringe when it is reported on as an Amazing Thing that only Bigots would dislike. It shouldn't be a big issue, except in the DW fanbase which will make a big issue out of the very socks DW wears, and of course the view that the Doctor should stay male is completely understandable, especially when many will see this decision as a political one by the BBC, rather than the best one for DW.

ReputationRep:
    Could give less of a **** but it should be interesting to see how the ratings compare, particularly given the high contingent of beta males :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    This outcry is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    The ratings are going down.

Who's stupid idea was this?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything in Gallifreyan biology textbooks that say that Time Lords can't change gender when regenerating?
    I'm not aware if it.

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope the new Doctor is a locum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Is there anything in Gallifreyan biology textbooks that say that Time Lords can't change gender when regenerating?
    I'm not aware if it.
    Nothing to say they even have to be human. They could go whole hog and literally make him a hog.

ReputationRep:
    So what? Does she get her knickers out in the first episode or something? It's not exactly a historical role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    They could go whole hog and literally make him a hog.
    Or her a sow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBerkut)
    Lets hope the new Doctor is a locum.
    As long as s/he doesn't go on strike for better conditions.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, I don't watch Doctor Who. Think it's bobbins. Just like contentious issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    As long as s/he doesn't go on strike for better conditions.
    I don't why not. Sometimes s/he has to travel a million light-years to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBerkut)
    I don't why not. Sometimes s/he has to travel a million light-years to work.
    S/he just has to set his/er alarm clock for yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    "I've not actually seen anyone complain about this pointless thing on this forum, so I'm going to create a thread around a stereotyped strawman to attack instead".

I'm personally delighted that the even Tardis has now had more women in charge of it than the Labour Party.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this was to be expected from the far-left, politically correct BBC. Never watching the show again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with it being a woman, it's just quite annoying how they forced this so hard (making man to woman regeneration canon in the last couple of series) when nobody really asked for it. Definitely felt more like a sort of political move rather than actually thinking about the show's best interests first and foremost.

Hopefully she's good, I don't actually know anything about the actress in question.

ReputationRep:
    Of all the actresses they managed to find one that was pretty mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Of all the actresses they managed to find one that was pretty mediocre.
    Well said!! In broadchurch she was mind numbingly boring.
    Flat and uninteresting.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.