ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    For what?

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The pair of tits that is now Dr Who

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    When you spend goodness knows how many seasons getting to know a character only to have the rug pulled out from us, we do have the right to be a little annoyed.

Cant expect us to accept the whole dynamic of the show has changed in a heartbeat.
    How many seasons? 2? 3? This is literally a TV show predicated on pulling the rug out from under you as they refresh the cast every couple of years.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely. Cant just unwrite 50 years of back history. Its the reason Connor in AC3 wasnt as good as Ezio in AC2. If it isnt broke, then dont fix it. Capaldi was great and now i feel theyve gone and ruined it. The Doctor may change but there are some parts of his personality that is fixed. This changes everything. When your audience invests heavily in a character, dont ruin it.

I still get what youre saying but they could have cast an awful male actor - would that ruin it as much?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    The pair of tits that is now Dr Who
    No wonder feminists havent taken to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    No wonder feminists havent taken to you
    Well it's the tits that got her the part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    How many seasons? 2? 3? This is literally a TV show predicated on pulling the rug out from under you as they refresh the cast every couple of years.
    Try every season since the reboot. The doctot has always stayed the same in certain aspects in his personality. The cast has always reflected this. Tennant while a dodgy choice still managed to not ruin the dynamic of the doctor. I dont feel many actresses could keep the dynamic going.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well it's the tits that got her the part.
    :yawn:

And not the penis for the others?

ReputationRep:
    I still get what youre saying but they could have cast an awful male actor - would that ruin it as much?
    They almost did with David "i'm so so so sorry" Tennant. Gotta show them teeth David.

ReputationRep:
    Try every season since the reboot. The doctot has always stayed the same in certain aspects in his personality. The cast has always reflected this. Tennant while a dodgy choice still managed to not ruin the dynamic of the doctor. I dont feel many actresses could keep the dynamic going.
    Today I learned having a penis is considered a personality trait.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

And not the penis for the others?
    No, a women was only chosen to keep the feminists happy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, a women was only chosen to keep the feminists happy.
    Evidence?

ReputationRep:
    Today I learned having a penis is considered a personality trait.
    Has nothing to do with genitalia. I just cant think of any actress who can get the mix of Anger, Humor and Intelligence right and still dominate the scene. This is what the doctor is about. You can make poor male casting choices too.

ReputationRep:
    Dr. Dr.

ReputationRep:
    Has nothing to do with genitalia. I just cant think of any actress who can get the mix of Anger, Humor and Intelligence right and still dominate the scene. This is what the doctor is about. You can make poor male casting choices too.

The Doctor doesn't have to be human. He could have 2 heads or be green. Why not go down that route. Because of the character history that's why. The audience identifies with Doctor who is male. Changing it is to change what the show is about. It bascially gonna be a shite spin off.
    lol alright mate

ReputationRep:
    lol alright mate
    If the doctor had always been female then i would be arguing the opposite. Im just disappointed that they are changing the character after so long.

ReputationRep:
    If the doctor had always been female then i would be arguing the opposite. Im just disappointed that they are changing the character after so long.
    They've changed the person playing the character. They do this every 2-4 years. You have no idea what the overall effect on the character will be. If the new Doctor comes and goes and doesn't resonate with you, then send in your complaints. Had you just been a big fan of Capaldi and complained about the whole regeneration process, fair enough. But if you're doing it now and saying it's for reasons other than that terrifying pair of ovaries she has, you're fooling nobody but yourself.

ReputationRep:
    They've changed the person playing the character. They do this every 2-4 years. You have no idea what the overall effect on the character will be. If the new Doctor comes and goes and doesn't resonate with you, then send in your complaints. Had you just been a big fan of Capaldi and complained about the whole regeneration process, fair enough. But if you're doing it now and saying it's for reasons other than that terrifying pair of ovaries she has, you're fooling nobody but yourself.
    Maybe you missed the part where i though Tennant's tenure almost f***** over the whole character. Like I said, males can be miscast too. I am a huge fan of Capaldi and Ecclestone. Hart was like what the doctor should become. Again, just cos the change the character doesnt mean the doctor personality all changes, just their quirks. The Doctor should be someone who avoids bloodshed but would fight should they need to. I cant think of a female actress who can be a dominating as is needed for the character of the doctor when placed in certain situations. Ill point out Tennant looked like a clown in those situations.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.