Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Here is the BBC's complaints address. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Maybe you missed the part where i though Tennant's tenure almost f***** over the whole character. Like I said, males can be miscast too. I am a huge fan of Capaldi and Ecclestone. Hart was like what the doctor should become. Again, just cos the change the character doesnt mean the doctor personality all changes, just their quirks. The Doctor should be someone who avoids bloodshed but would fight should they need to. I cant think of a female actress who can be a dominating as is needed for the character of the doctor when placed in certain situations. Ill point out Tennant looked like a clown in those situations.
    The part where you mention your favourite previous doctor is completely besides the point.

The part where you talk about your preferred quirks is besides the point.

There were two ways you could've proceeded:

1) "I've watched the actress they've chosen in other series, and am not sure she is the most capable of portraying these traits I enjoy" - then fair play to you, my man. This is a completely reasonable thing to say.

2) "I cant think of a female actress who can be a dominating as is needed for the character of the doctor when placed in certain situations." - this doesn't appear to be a judgement on the actual actress chosen, just on whether or not their genitals hang down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    The part where you mention your favourite previous doctor is completely besides the point.

The part where you talk about your preferred quirks is besides the point.

There were two ways you could've proceeded:

1) "I've watched the actress they've chosen in other series, and am not sure she is the most capable of portraying these traits I enjoy" - then fair play to you, my man. This is a completely reasonable thing to say.

2) "I cant think of a female actress who can be a dominating as is needed for the character of the doctor when placed in certain situations." - this doesn't appear to be a judgement on the actual actress chosen, just on whether or not their genitals hang down.
    2 covers 1. Again I cant think of a female actress who could play the doctor well. I cant think of one who is combative enough to take on the role. I want to see the best person cast for one of my favourite tv shows but they havent. There were better choices out there but they merely settled. It has nothing to do with there genitals. Can you think of a proven actress who could have taken the role? And finally back on 2, Tennant couldnt do the domination thing, he merely gnarled his teeth and apologized. I dont see why you dont get this. Its about getting the right person for the part. Just dont change a character i like too much.

ReputationRep:
    2 covers 1. Again I cant think of a female actress who could play the doctor well. I cant think of one who is combative enough to take on the role. I want to see the best person cast for one of my favourite tv shows but they havent. There were better choices out there but they merely settled. It has nothing to do with there genitals. Can you think of a proven actress who could have taken the role? And finally back on 2, Tennant couldnt do the domination thing, he merely gnarled his teeth and apologized. I dont see why you dont get this. Its about getting the right person for the part. Just dont change a character i like too much.
    Yes. Hell, this one could for all I know - I've never actually watched her in anything. Have you? Heck, have you seen the other bookies favourite (Kris Marshall) in his programs? Because he doesn't tend to play the sort of role you describe from what I've seen of him.

They've not yet changed the character you like - other than removing the penis - any more than they do every other regeneration. You're just assuming that they have because of your own preconceptions about what roles actresses can or can't play.

ReputationRep:
    It's pathetic - nothing but PC gone mad. Hopefully the ratings sink into oblivion and the show gets cancelled.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    BBC Complaints
    PO BOX 1922
    Darlington
    DL3 OUR
    Just stop watching their shows. You now have netflix and the internet that you can afford to ignore the BBC.

Corporations listen when they get hit financially, otherwise it is dust to them.

ReputationRep:
    The pair of tits that is now Dr Who
    Jesus. Get a life you ****ing geeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Why post it when you could submit it online? https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/for...&uid=392514978
    Hahaha, ikr!!!

ReputationRep:
    So the Master turning into a woman is fine. A biracial assistant constantly getting her lesbian freak on through the show is fine. Overbearing references to women being the centre of the universe is fine.

Female doctor is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but if you had no issues watching season 10 in full, and are now suddenly shocked and surprised at a female lead character, you're an idiot.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No. Who old are you?
    Lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Because the doctor has always been male and is a male character just like black widow is a female character and switching her gender just moves away from the original character annoying the audience.
    The Doctor has always been English until it's no longer the case...

The Doctor has always been old until it's no longer the case...

The Doctor has always been acted by an upper/middle-class actor with an educated accent until it's no longer the case...

The Doctor has always been portrayed by a famous actor until it's no longer the case...

So why is it now a problem when it's a woman? It has long been established that the Doctor could regenerate into a woman. Even before Master/Mistress, Comic Relief has already done a female doctor decades ago. It'd make no sense for the plot for the Doctor to always regenerate into a man when the idea is that it always changes completely and always unpredictable.

---

Your argument is exactly the same as the one against same-sex marriage.

Never mind that people didn't always marry only one person.

Never mind that people weren't allowed to marry outside of their religious denomination.

Never mind that people weren't allowed to marry outside of their religion.

Never mind that people weren't allowed to marry outside of their social class.

Never mind that people weren't allowed to marry outside of their own race.

Never mind that people weren't encouraged to marry outside of their own nationality.

Never mind that people didn't have a choice in their marriage partner.

Never mind that women didn't get to choose their marriage partner.

It's suddenly unconventional and breaking the tradition when people of the same-sex marry, even though same-sex marriage has existed for ages, albeit rarer.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't care at all that the doctor is now female but I'm slightly annoyed that the left has something to be happy about.

ReputationRep:
    The next doctor should be a Syrian refugee, female, Muslim, wear a burka and speak Arabic.

Blow the Mail readers minds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is actually upset about a fictional character being a certain gender needs to put themselves in the bin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    as if the doctor being female is the most ridiculous thing to happen on the show... people are dumb. use you imagination and just accept the doctor is going to be female or don't watch it. i'm sure you'll be the one missing out.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    2 covers 1. Again I cant think of a female actress who could play the doctor well. .
    Cant think of one? Or the fact you dont want one is stopping you?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.