Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I genuinely don't know how to revise like I mean I've got the resources and stuff but I just don't know how to revise. Many people say flash cards and mindmaps by I don Know how to use them and stuff. Can someone please help me out here and explain the revision tools and how to use them. It's coming to year 11 and I'm gonna start revising as I have mocks in November. So it will be helpful if someone can explain which revision tool is the most effective and how to use them

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am also in year 10.
    I would say that the best way to find out revision methods is to try them.
    Try as many as you can and eventually you will find out what works for you. I eventually have.
    If you would like, I can tell you what I do for a specific subject etc. Mayb that is useful. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mosope17)
    Hi, I am also in year 10.
    I would say that the best way to find out revision methods is to try them.
    Try as many as you can and eventually you will find out what works for you. I eventually have.
    If you would like, I can tell you what I do for a specific subject etc. Mayb that is useful. x
    Yes please

ReputationRep:
    This is soo long, sorry. I do have a gyg account, you might find it useful , including others to see how they revise
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths:-1. I learn the content via revision guides, videos etc
    2. I do questions specifically on the subject. (I don't own a maths workbook (well, i do now but it only for grade 9 so it s bit narrow) use questions available on the internet- mathsgenie , mr barton maths. Literally just search 'topic + gcse + answers' and you good.
    English literature: this is not my forte but i definitely have gotten better due to this.
    1. sparknotes, mr bruff, analysis from class, even your own analysis, revision guides, YouTube, document on the internet
    2. i make/am making a revision guide for each text. This takes a lott of time and effort but i'm sad so i do it anyway
    3.Then, I find an essay and mindmap the essay
    4. write the essay under time conditions but in less time given so that in the real exam i will have 10-15 minutes to plan
    5. year 11: go through all essay plans and memorise what to write for all topics and how to manipulate points for any essay topic
    English language:kind of a natural thing , i think.
    Science/geography: Used to make flashcards on QUIZLET or CHEGG Flashcards but now:
    1. make notes and learn new content via 'look cover write' idea.
    2. Workbook questions on topic to recap
    3. review every once in a while.
    4. Year 11- Past papers
    Langages:1. Memrise
    2. workbook on grammar
    3 flashcards to get good at tenses
    4. Really taking advantage of lessons -speaking , listening

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.