Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could I be pregnant whilst on the pill? Watch

So I came off the mini pill a few weeks ago since i started antidepressants (citalopram) and I thought the pill could have been contributing to my low mood. I don't get periods whilst on the pill and I didn't get any in the few weeks I stopped taking it, although the I had a few symptoms that made me feel like I was about to have a period (PMS).Two weeks ago I had sex for the first time with my new boyfriend however i had only started back on the pill 7hrs earlier. I had a small panic the day after but since I haven't been having periods felt it probably wasn't possible that I was pregnant (I was 15 last time I had a period and I am now 18). Recently I've been feeling bloated, have had a few strange pains in my lower tummy and had the munchies but these could he symptoms of being on the pill. Sometimes I feel sick in the morning but I haven't been sick but this may be a symptom of the anti depressants. Really confused and the Internet isn't very helpful. My mum got pregnant on the mini pill with my brother 15 years ago which is a bit concerning 😅 What does everyone think? Is it worth taking a test? I don't want to buy one if there's no possible way I could be pregnant since I have no job and not much money. Thanks in advance for any advice given 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I came off the mini pill a few weeks ago since i started antidepressants (citalopram) and I thought the pill could have been contributing to my low mood. I don't get periods whilst on the pill and I didn't get any in the few weeks I stopped taking it, although the I had a few symptoms that made me feel like I was about to have a period (PMS).Two weeks ago I had sex for the first time with my new boyfriend however i had only started back on the pill 7hrs earlier. I had a small panic the day after but since I haven't been having periods felt it probably wasn't possible that I was pregnant (I was 15 last time I had a period and I am now 18). Recently I've been feeling bloated, have had a few strange pains in my lower tummy and had the munchies but these could he symptoms of being on the pill. Sometimes I feel sick in the morning but I haven't been sick but this may be a symptom of the anti depressants. Really confused and the Internet isn't very helpful. My mum got pregnant on the mini pill with my brother 15 years ago which is a bit concerning 😅 What does everyone think? Is it worth taking a test? I don't want to buy one if there's no possible way I could be pregnant since I have no job and not much money. Thanks in advance for any advice given 😊
    Go visit a gp and they'll test you for free.
    Otherwise you can talk to them about the after-effects of the pill. This might not be the one for you.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible that you weren't protected as unless you start the pill on your period, it takes 7 days for it to be effective. Pills aren't 100% either so there is always a chance.

I'd take a test just to be safe. If you don't want to spend money on it, even if it is only a couple pounds, you can just go to your GP and they'll test you for free.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.