Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

confused about the A level further Mathematics Watch

ReputationRep:
    hello guys i am a bit confused about the A level further maths, i am doing further maths and A level maths, i know i need 6 modules for the A level maths but for further i don't have any idea what modules i need and how much they are i know there should be 6 but how much are for the AS further math and A2 further maths,
    here is the modules i have revised so far
    Further 1 and 2
    Statistics 1
    so is it alright to pick those three as my further AS mathematics
    and for the
    A2
    Further 3
    statistics 2
    Decision 1
    FOR AS MATHEMATICS
    Core 1 and 2
    Mechanics 1
    FOR A2 MATHEMATICS
    Core 3 and 4
    Mechanics 2
    so all above are my plans for the both AS and A2 mathematics and further mathematics can anyone help me if there is any mistake or anything you can change if they are wrong.
    all the modules are ( EDEXCEL ONLY)
    first exam will be on May/June 2018.
    so i need a help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HASSAN DAUD)
    hello guys i am a bit confused about the A level further maths, i am doing further maths and A level maths, i know i need 6 modules for the A level maths but for further i don't have any idea what modules i need and how much they are i know there should be 6 but how much are for the AS further math and A2 further maths,
    here is the modules i have revised so far
    Further 1 and 2
    Statistics 1
    so is it alright to pick those three as my further AS mathematics
    and for the
    A2
    Further 3
    statistics 2
    Decision 1
    FOR AS MATHEMATICS
    Core 1 and 2
    Mechanics 1
    FOR A2 MATHEMATICS
    Core 3 and 4
    Mechanics 2
    so all above are my plans for the both AS and A2 mathematics and further mathematics can anyone help me if there is any mistake or anything you can change if they are wrong.
    all the modules are ( EDEXCEL ONLY)
    first exam will be on May/June 2018.
    so i need a help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Those 12 units are OK to be awarded A levels in maths and further maths. The specification on the edexcel web site explains all valid combinations. Edexcel will combine those units within the rules of the specification to give you the best possible grades. I am sure you know that you need to take all 12 in summer 2018 to complete both UK A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, those Units are OK. To get A* in normal maths you need 90% ums average across C3 C4 and for Further Maths you need 90% ums average across TOP 3 modules from M2/S2/FP2/FP3. Edexcel should mix and match those modules to maximise your grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Those 12 units are OK to be awarded A levels in maths and further maths. The specification on the edexcel web site explains all valid combinations. Edexcel will combine those units within the rules of the specification to give you the best possible grades. I am sure you know that you need to take all 12 in summer 2018 to complete both UK A levels.
    Thanks Bro, so I can do my further maths as I said,
    As further
    Further 1 and 2
    Statistics 1
    A2 further Mathematics
    Further 3
    Statistics 2
    Decision 1
    So all those modules are alright for my full A level further maths

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.