Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This is a long one..
    I have just finished my gcses and for a levels I'm planning on studying biology chemistry and psychology to have a career in the health care profession (at the minute I think I want to study pharamacy!). I was just going to stay at my school I'm at now which is a fairly good grammar school however recently a new 'studio school' is being built 5 minutes from my road which is a medical and healthcare college. So it's opening in September for year 9 who enjoy science and forbyear 12s who want a career in the health care...it looks amazing, it looks so suited to what I want to do and they offer work experience in pharmacy. However is going here the wrong choice? There are some cons for example, I don't know anyone there and it's obviously brand new so there is no history of the school as in results and stuff. This has been playing on my mind for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone on here has any advice or what they would do? I know it's my choice (as my family keep telling me)and only I can make the decision I'm just so unsure!! Thanks for your help !

*note I have been accepted at both places
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophief2000)
    This is a long one..
    I have just finished my gcses and for a levels I'm planning on studying biology chemistry and psychology to have a career in the health care profession (at the minute I think I want to study pharamacy!). I was just going to stay at my school I'm at now which is a fairly good grammar school however recently a new 'studio school' is being built 5 minutes from my road which is a medical and healthcare college. So it's opening in September for year 9 who enjoy science and forbyear 12s who want a career in the health care...it looks amazing, it looks so suited to what I want to do and they offer work experience in pharmacy. However is going here the wrong choice? There are some cons for example, I don't know anyone there and it's obviously brand new so there is no history of the school as in results and stuff. This has been playing on my mind for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone on here has any advice or what they would do? I know it's my choice (as my family keep telling me)and only I can make the decision I'm just so unsure!! Thanks for your help !

*note I have been accepted at both places
    A shorter commute should do you some good and if they can back up that they have good teachers and the like, the it could be worth the risk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    A shorter commute should do you some good and if they can back up that they have good teachers and the like, the it could be worth the risk
    Hmmm it does look pretty good tbh!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm it does look pretty good tbh!
    If it's only the lack of history worrying you then I think it's a risk worth of taking.

ReputationRep:
    Don't hesitate

I would go for it because it's something different.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to a sixth form boarding college (called Welbeck DSFC) and I really regret not going now. I thought I wasn't competent enough but I think I was but just didn't have the confidence :/

So go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it especially since they offer work experience which is a PAIN to get if you don't have connections.
    I do the same subjects and I'm now going into year 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    Don't hesitate

I would go for it because it's something different.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to a sixth form boarding college (called Welbeck DSFC) and I really regret not going now. I thought I was competent enough but I think I was but just didn't have the confidence :/

So go for it!
    thank you ! That would be the worst regretting not going!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _4everfaithful__)
    I think you should go for it especially since they offer work experience which is a PAIN to get if you don't have connections.
    I do the same subjects and I'm now going into year 13.
    That's very true, the school has connections with the nhs and the local uni too! And what are you planning on doing after a levels?

ReputationRep:
    That's very true, the school has connections with the nhs and the local uni too! And what are you planning on doing after a levels?
    I planning on studying Biomedical Science, I want to be a medical researcher, I don't know what exact field though!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds perfect, I'd give it a chance. If turns out to be horrible I'm sure they'll allow you to transfer before the October half term. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah_g_24)
    It sounds perfect, I'd give it a chance. If turns out to be horrible I'm sure they'll allow you to transfer before the October half term. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh thank you lovely!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.