Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor who fans please read Watch

ReputationRep:
    Watching doctor who for years I understand that we are all used to a male doctor. They have been many discussion on the new female doctor, but being a female myself if I was offered the doctor who role, and was to break the tradition of a male doctor; I would like people to give me a chance. So I think we should just give the 13th doctor a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly feel like it's not a big deal, don't get why people are getting their nickers in a twist.

ReputationRep:
    It's been a male for around 54 years, so to have a female would kind of be new I would say. We're not used to it.

ReputationRep:
    You know you are privileged when something like this is a big issue in your life.
    As long as the new doctor is good,who cares ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PR stunt.

T.V. equivalent of clickbait.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped watching it years ago, I suppose the next thing to happen now is that the doctor's companion will be male?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    I stopped watching it years ago, I suppose the next thing to happen now is that the doctor's companion will be male?
    The original and subsequent incarnations did have male companions so that won't be new:

Steven Taylor
    Ian Chesterton
    Harry Sullivan
    Jamie McCrimmon

to name a few.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't see the big deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    The original and subsequent incarnations did have male companions so that won't be new:

Steven Taylor
    Ian Chesterton
    Harry Sullivan
    Jamie McCrimmon

to name a few.
    Wasn't saying it was new, but seeing as the last few years I believe it's been a male female duo (like I said I stopped watching it a while back, in 2005 to be specific) so I'm assuming they'd think about changing it in the sense that the doctor will be female with the male companion.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    Wasn't saying it was new, but seeing as the last few years I believe it's been a male female duo (like I said I stopped watching it a while back, in 2005 to be specific) so I'm assuming they'd think about changing it in the sense that the doctor will be female with the male companion.
    Keeping it as a female companion with a love interest - now that would be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    It's a last ditch effort to net in back the fans that they lost during Moffat's reign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saharan_skies)
    It's a last ditch effort to net in back the fans that they lost during Moffat's reign.
    Probably a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    If it were before Capaldi's Doctor, I would have probably given half a **** but now it's just a yawn and a shrug.
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Probably a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Jodie Whittaker acted beautifully in Broadchurch so it'll be very interesting to see her as the doctor.

I think it got to that point where they had to do it really, I don't think they wanted to, and I think a lot of male viewers are going to turn their backs on the show as a result. But it will be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    If it were before Capaldi's Doctor, I would have probably given half a **** but now it's just a yawn and a shrug.
    What do you mean by that, you didn't like Capaldi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    What do you mean by that, you didn't like Capaldi?
    I mean I stopped watching after the new Doctor had been announced (Capaldi) because back then I was really on the bandwagon for a female Doctor. It doesn't really affect me much anymore but I can't get back in the flow of the episodes with him since Doctor Who is no longer one of my favourite shows

ReputationRep:
    I mean I stopped watching after the new Doctor had been announced (Capaldi) because back then I was really on the bandwagon for a female Doctor. It doesn't really affect me much anymore but I can't get back in the flow of the episodes with him since Doctor Who is no longer one of my favourite shows

Ahh I get you

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.