I have a few questions about the university and I would be very grateful if someone could answer them!
1. I'm holding an offer to Kent for physics with astrophysics and a year abroad (ABB MSc), but I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll get those grades. Maybe BBB-BCC? What are my chances of still being accepted, or even taken on the BSc course? I know it varies year to year, but still.
2. What's the teaching of physics like at Kent? I've seen that people mostly regard it highly for humanities subjects, and despite having a relatively high overall ranking, physics as a subject is ranked quite low.
3. Could anyone tell me what the rooms are like? I applied for Turing and Keynes - college and houses:-!. Also, I completed the application mid to late April, was this too late to be given my first (or any) choices?
4. How difficult is it balancing activities and societies with school work (particularly science students)? I'm kinda wanting to join at least one sport (a martial art, maybe kendo?), a dance, and a music/choir society, lol. Will it take up all of my time?
5. Any idea how soundproof the rooms are? I'm a bit of a singer and I'll be bringing my eclectic guitar and amp, and wouldn't want to disturb anyone.😅
6. This is a bit different, but are there any other large(ish) bodies of water on or near campus apart from the one near Keynes?! Lol, I just really love things like that😊
Haha, sorry about this very long post; any answers will be very much appreciated!
When is yours coming?