Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I have recently graduated from edge hill (psychology) with a first, and I want to start my masters in September. The thing is edge hill don't really offer the course I was looking for, and the only university that does which would be easy to get to is Lancaster. The problem with that is when I was looking at the ranking tables, it scores pretty highly, much higher than Edge Hill, so I was just asking whether you think I would be wasting my time by applying, as it would lead to an instant rejection, or if it's worth a shot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Your undergrad uni rankings don't really matter in a masters application, your grades matter more.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quirinalia)
    Right, so I have recently graduated from edge hill (psychology) with a first, and I want to start my masters in September. The thing is edge hill don't really offer the course I was looking for, and the only university that does which would be easy to get to is Lancaster. The problem with that is when I was looking at the ranking tables, it scores pretty highly, much higher than Edge Hill, so I was just asking whether you think I would be wasting my time by applying, as it would lead to an instant rejection, or if it's worth a shot.
    You would definitely be in with a shot! You achieved a First Class, so you're clearly capable of completing the course if you work hard and express how passionate you are about the subject in your application. League tables should be taken with a pinch of salt a lot of the time. Definitely apply, you have nothing to lose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.