or...

tell your boyfriend.
    don't kill your child.
    stay with your boyfriend.
    break up.

that's how i predict it will play out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was 5 days late and took a test. It's positive. Took another, positive aswell. I think I'm about 3 weeks. I am on the pill but I had food poisoning and had upset stomach so must have been around then.

I'm 27 live with my boyfriend who is 29 - we rent a flat not own it. I have a decent enough job but only been there just under 3 months and my bf is starting a new job next week in a completely new field to what he was doing before.

There's so much I want to do - travel, experience life, get married, advance in my job, buy a house. I haven't told anyone because I'm 99% sure I'm not keeping it. I just feel I'm at an age when a lot of my friends are having babies and I don't know why I don't want one.

My boyfriend doesn't want children yet but he would support me in whatever I'd want. He has a very good "make the best of it" attitude. I will definitely tell him but just want to be sure what my decision is before I do.

I know there's another thread similar on here so thought I'd put it out there to see if responses are different
    If I were you, talk to your boyfriend about what has happened. Keeping it secret will obviously have negative outcomes later.

I would keep the baby. You can do lots with babies. The first few months are hard though but after that you can travel and go about your daily life.

ReputationRep:
    There's so much I want to do - travel, experience life, get married, advance in my job, buy a house.
    Read this carefully:

Parenthood doesn't prevent any of the above. I had my first baby when I was 30yrs old, and resumed overseas travelling 6,weeks later.

ReputationRep:
    Since you're only a few weeks at most, you can get an appointment and get the abortion pill which will simply cause miscarriage before it can go anywhere. That's what I'd do really. If you're not ready for kids and don't want them, there's no need to go through with it.

You should talk to your boyfriend tho, even if you're not 100% sure what you want to do. Maybe his support will help you confirm your decision.

ReputationRep:
    So I was 5 days late and took a test. It's positive. Took another, positive aswell. I think I'm about 3 weeks. I am on the pill but I had food poisoning and had upset stomach so must have been around then.

I'm 27 live with my boyfriend who is 29 - we rent a flat not own it. I have a decent enough job but only been there just under 3 months and my bf is starting a new job next week in a completely new field to what he was doing before.

There's so much I want to do - travel, experience life, get married, advance in my job, buy a house. I haven't told anyone because I'm 99% sure I'm not keeping it. I just feel I'm at an age when a lot of my friends are having babies and I don't know why I don't want one.

My boyfriend doesn't want children yet but he would support me in whatever I'd want. He has a very good "make the best of it" attitude. I will definitely tell him but just want to be sure what my decision is before I do.

I know there's another thread similar on here so thought I'd put it out there to see if responses are different
    If you're unsure that you want a child ... you need to ask yourself whether you are ready to commit to being a mother. I will say, when my teenage sister got pregnant I wasnt happy, but she trialled through.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you need to talk to your partner before you make any decision. The baby is his as well and his opinion is very important. This is not the equivalent of taking a puppy to the shelter. Also, you are further along than you think you are. You technically count the pregnancy from the first day of you last period ..... not from actual conception. You are probably closer to 5-6 weeks along. Best of luck in you decision.
    • TSR Support Team

If I had a Girlfriend who was pregnant I would least want to know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.