Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I got a 2:1 in Human Biosciences. I just scraped a 2:2 in my dissertation (biochemistry related).

I had some personal troubles during uni which seriously impacted my abilities then, but I think I made the university aware. My feedback wasn't very good - saying my write-up was unconventional and in some places 'dangerous'. I made some bad judgments and decisions.

I realise it sounds quite bad/strange, but even though I got results - I decided not to analyse them and my discussion was more like a literature review as I analysed results from different studies and compared that to what I should have got.

I'm worried this will affect my employment chances in lab assistant, research assistant jobs...potentially masters? How would I explain this in an interview?

Any help appreciated and thanks for understanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrblue)
    I got a 2:1 in Human Biosciences. I just scraped a 2:2 in my dissertation (biochemistry related).

I had some personal troubles during uni which seriously impacted my abilities then, but I think I made the university aware. My feedback wasn't very good - saying my write-up was unconventional and in some places 'dangerous'. I made some bad judgments and decisions.

I realise it sounds quite bad/strange, but even though I got results - I decided not to analyse them and my discussion was more like a literature review as I analysed results from different studies and compared that to what I should have got.

I'm worried this will affect my employment chances in lab assistant, research assistant jobs...potentially masters? How would I explain this in an interview?

Any help appreciated and thanks for understanding.
    Most master's ask for a 2.1 degree or above, which you have, so you will be fine for master's applications; just do better on your master's course. Nothing to worry about!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.