Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

EPQ and dentistry Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for dentistry this year, should i bother doing an EPQ? is it important enough and will it make me stand out

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. I would do one if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether you're good at balancing commitments, could you balance all your AS subjects well? I found the EPQ a lot of work mainly because I left it RIGHT to the end, but in all honestly had I actually done the work at the deadlines set it would be completely fine and manageable. If you can find a topic that really suits you you'll enjoy it very much, and it's a good filler in your personal statement if you don't have much extra curricular. However SO many people dropped out, and all in all only if your a VERY organised and SELF-MOTIVATED person should you do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsahh)
    I'm applying for dentistry this year, should i bother doing an EPQ? is it important enough and will it make me stand out
    I know plenty of people who didn't bother doing an EPQ. Probably better to have a rounded application. If you can manage it on top of A levels etc then great. Really not essential though and probably won't make a huge difference to getting a place.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everyone else in terms of it being a huge short term time commitment and not necessary. I however found it useful to discuss at interviews- as doing the EPQ forced me to read articles on current dental topics- which was invaluable in answering some questions.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.