Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Work Experience - What should I ask? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting a week of work experience tomorrow at a local architecture firm, and I really want to go with a set of questions I can ask throughout the week. There's plenty that I need to find out, but I'm really unsure what questions I should be asking.

Any suggestions?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFame)
    I'm starting a week of work experience tomorrow at a local architecture firm, and I really want to go with a set of questions I can ask throughout the week. There's plenty that I need to find out, but I'm really unsure what questions I should be asking.

Any suggestions?
    It's your opportunity to find out things about the industry which may provide you with information you need leading up to university. People like to answer questions about them so you could ask what they enjoy the most about their job or what's a typical day for them. I assume you're interested in architecture so you can ask for tips on how you can end up working for them in the future, or just general tips on how you can get a future in architecture.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them if they'd choose a different career if they could go back in time, and then watch them hesitate and lie.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.