Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why are north africans and middle eastern people trying to act like they're poc? lol Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's really funny because it's very clear throughout history they've been considered white in America. Now that they face issues because some of their people are acting out pretty violently they seem to act like if anyone has any issue with them being here etc... That it's not enough to just call us xenophobes or aarab/berber phobic. Racist label is harsher. But it makes not sense when it's clearly white people they are accusing this of. A people that in this country they are labeled the same race. They themselves know they aren't black. They aren't Asian. They aren't native American lol. They aren't aborigine nor pacific islander and they aren't khoisan. They are clearly white people. They know it and it's annoying they want to label people racist who have something against them when it's not. I don't dislike white people. But I am weary of mena immigrants and their first generation especially middle eastern people. It's not about race. It's more about their culture.

ReputationRep:
    What jamaican herb have you been smoking that makes you think north africans are white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hateocracy)
    What jamaican herb have you been smoking that makes you think north africans are white?
    Arabs describe each other as white if their skin color is white or tanned if their skin color is tanned. They don't call Europeans white or refer to them as such as that would be confusing. They just call them "Westerners". Whiteness is not exclusive to Europeans.

ReputationRep:
    Arabs can have brown skin and many Asians can have fair skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Arabs can have brown skin and many Asians can have fair skin

generally most have a skin type 3 or 4 which is considered white skin.

In America arabs and berbers have always been white. Up until the whole terrorist problem came about look at the census. But Mexicans and many other Hispanics were also considered white. Without Hispanic even being a term also long ago. But yeah I think they cry racism so no one can claim to have an issue with them.

ReputationRep:
    at hatetocracy what rock were you under that you didn't know they were considered white by the census for centuries.

A lot of sjw Arabs on twitter are only POC when it suits their agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    A lot of sjw Arabs on twitter are only POC when it suits their agenda.
    so true!

ReputationRep:
    What? actually it's not just blacks who have got **** in US history. Practically any and ALL non-white groups have faced discrimination. Japanese, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Chinese, even whites from Ireland and Poland have. If you believe that Arabs have always had a good time in the US, think again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susanneblonde)
    What? actually it's not just blacks who have got **** in US history. Practically any and ALL non-white groups have faced discrimination. Japanese, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Chinese, even whites from Ireland and Poland have. If you believe that Arabs have always had a good time in the US, think again.

White people are polish. White people are Irish. And white people are arabs. They have all been considered so in the census. Having to deal with discrimination has nothing to do with what race you're considered.

White people aren't above discrimination. lol

ReputationRep:
    Middle Easterners are seen as white in America

Which America are you talking about here exactly because I know of no such America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Middle Easterners are seen as white in America

Which America are you talking about here exactly because I know of no such America
    on our demographics and census questions yes they are considered white and have been. Up until the terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justme3991)
    White people are polish. White people are Irish. And white people are arabs. They have all been considered so in the census. Having to deal with discrimination has nothing to do with what race you're considered.

White people aren't above discrimination. lol
    arabs aren't white.

ReputationRep:
    arabs aren't white.
    a statement I already showed why it is false.

I don't care that you'd rather believe in a false statement.

I already said they have been considered white according to the census in America for a long time in our history which is a fact.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the term white had more to do with culture than skin colour overall. In Asia you can get people who are very fair and basically what you would call "white" but they are not the same white considered in the west ifygm lol

ReputationRep:
    a statement I already showed why it is false.

I don't care that you'd rather believe in a false statement.

I already said they have been considered white according to the census in America for a long time in our history which is a fact.
    and they've faced discrimination for centuries. some random Census by the Feds doesn't change that.

ReputationRep:
    generally most have a skin type 3 or 4 which is considered white skin.

In America arabs and berbers have always been white. Up until the whole terrorist problem came about look at the census. But Mexicans and many other Hispanics were also considered white. Without Hispanic even being a term also long ago. But yeah I think they cry racism so no one can claim to have an issue with them.
    I don't think you actually know what you're talking about.
    I'm a poc just for the record.

ReputationRep:
    and they've faced discrimination for centuries. some random Census by the Feds doesn't change that.
    No they have not. There wasn't even any Arabs in the USA until the end of the 19th century, when a very small wave of migrants arrived from the Middle East, most of whom were Christian refugees from the crumbling Ottoman Empire. And I can't find any sources to suggest they face any notable oppression from the state or the wider public.

Large scale Arab immigration to the US is a very recent phenomenon, and even then the numbers are still pretty small. That's likely why they have never bothered to include "Arab" on the census.

ReputationRep:
    Arabs are a varied group genetically. Some have blonde hair and blue eyes, most don't. Most Arabs wouldn't fit as white. Hell, even some Italians and Greeks aren't considered 'proper' white. Most Arabs are Mediterranean, neither white nor anything else.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Arabs look/are white (controversial) but some are quite tanned looking even close to looking more black or half-black. I know an Iraqi who identifies as white. She easily passes as white. Genetically they're like Europeans though.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.