Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to become heartless Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    it seems like a hateful place. why would this be good for the op?
    I didn't say it would be good for the OP.

The OP wanted to become heartless and I'm simply giving him the means to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I’m trying to be become heartlessless. After awhile I realised Being heartless sucks and it’s not who I am
    ^ im the same.

I'm like you and I care too much often it bites back. Just learn when and where to care a little or care a lot. Just be selective in the attention/effort you put in with people. So you don't have to completely turn heartless but keep guarding your heart from being hurt all the time.

But put your needs first ! And your feelings first ❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles dickens)
    one problem that i have is that i care too much about people's emotions
    just found out that the people i have been calling friends are fake people
    im going into sixthform and i want to become heartless and cold
    so any tips how to be heartless and cold to people?
    Instead of becoming heartless why don't you make some real friends and get a grip with your emotions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyewoods)
    Remember that emotions are like clouds. They come and go. The sky is clear, the clouds linger for a while and then move on to leave a clear sky again.
    That's deep bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    ^ im the same.

I'm like you and I care too much often it bites back. Just learn when and where to care a little or care a lot. Just be selective in the attention/effort you put in with people. So you don't have to completely turn heartless but keep guarding your heart from being hurt all the time.

But put your needs first ! And your feelings first ❤️
    Definitely agree! Ive gone from having a big heart to being heartless and I'm starting to get my heart back but I'm hoping this time ive struck the perfect balance, it got to the point where i didnt even care about close family... also I guess its quite embarssing being so connected to my emotions, i dont know many guys who are (unless they carry a certain tag like gay, bi, trans, etc. which i dont) but i guess I'm learning how to express and manage it in productive ways which is the best energy ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    1) Start listening to Kanye West

Spoiler:
    Show

1.1) BE KANYE WEST

After a long day of work, Kanye West goes to his Kanye Nest to take his Kanye Rest. He wakes up feeling his Kanye Best. Then he’ll get Kanye Dressed on his Kanye Vest to go on a Kanye Quest. He goes to church and becomes Kanye Blessed, then to a hotel room to be a Kanye Guest. Then to school to take his Kanye Test. He forgot to brush his teeth. Did he run out of Kanye Crest? His neighbor stole it, what a Kanye Pest.

ReputationRep:
    rip your heart out.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Join TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Being heartless is kind of like a developmental process, it takes time, and pain, lots of pain, in order to fully alieviate such emotion.

I myself have experienced a lot in my youth, where I grew up and how, but even after coming to the UK and putting all of it in the past, I still seem to take my somewhat colder attitude with me. All I'm saying is, you cannot completely decide you want to be heartless in an instant. The people you know around you are so used to one thing, that such an attitude shift could be monumentally, well, bad. But hey, you could play it to your advantage, I'll give you some tips.

Forget about the emotions, or more importantly, the feelings of others. For some people I know IRL, I adopted a Facts>Feelings stance which eventually built up this slightly callous reputation. All I am saying is you centre yourself around a group of friends and take their feelings, desires, and personalities, into account, drop that, in the end, they won't last, and you can use that time to invest in yourself. shameful_burrito Was quite literally correct on this one, Kanye West, although lyrically, meh, his somewhat selfish, or 'self-valuing' ideals are one act to follow, all in all, focus on yourself, as that's going to be the only persistent variable in your life, not some random friends that will end up disconnecting later in life anyway.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    Being heartless is kind of like a developmental process, it takes time, and pain, lots of pain, in order to fully alieviate such emotion.

I myself have experienced a lot in my youth, where I grew up and how, but even after coming to the UK and putting all of it in the past, I still seem to take my somewhat colder attitude with me. All I'm saying is, you cannot completely decide you want to be heartless in an instant. The people you know around you are so used to one thing, that such an attitude shift could be monumentally, well, bad. But hey, you could play it to your advantage, I'll give you some tips.

Forget about the emotions, or more importantly, the feelings of others. For some people I know IRL, I adopted a Facts>Feelings stance which eventually built up this slightly callous reputation. All I am saying is you centre yourself around a group of friends and take their feelings, desires, and personalities, into account, drop that, in the end, they won't last, and you can use that time to invest in yourself. shameful_burrito Was quite literally correct on this one, Kanye West, although lyrically, meh, his somewhat selfish, or 'self-valuing' ideals are one act to follow, all in all, focus on yourself, as that's going to be the only persistent variable in your life, not some random friends that will end up disconnecting later in life anyway.
    Prsom, I feel like I can connect with your words brotha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Prsom, I feel like I can connect with your words brotha
    You know me I've been hitting that English Rosetta Stone and Russian-English Dictionary for those Verbal Gains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    is that a matrix reference? i dont get it
    Red pill = seeing reality in all its glory

Blue pill = being blissfully unaware

I prefer blue pill. No need to concern yourself with things that you cannot change or that do not directly affect you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Join TSR.
    People on TSR tend to the most emotional and sensitive people.

ReputationRep:
    Cut out the heart, literally and figuratively.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    Cut out the heart, literally and figuratively.
    Heart attack goddammit! Gotta put that muscle under tension. WHATEVER IT TAKES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Definitely agree! Ive gone from having a big heart to being heartless and I'm starting to get my heart back but I'm hoping this time ive struck the perfect balance, it got to the point where i didnt even care about close family... also I guess its quite embarssing being so connected to my emotions, i dont know many guys who are (unless they carry a certain tag like gay, bi, trans, etc. which i dont) but i guess I'm learning how to express and manage it in productive ways which is the best energy ever
    I like that ... managing it in productive ways !

ReputationRep:
    There is a tonne of weird and whacky advice on this thread. Personally I would ignore all of it. Be yourself. As you go through life, you will meet a small number of people who accept you for who you are and love you for it. The rest, you just get along with. Don't change who you are to fit in. You are fine as you are.

ReputationRep:
    Remember that a good way to break your own heart is exaggerating your importance in the life of others. And that if you expact nothing from anyone, it will hurt less when people let youu down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    1. Go to your room, turn the lights off, maybe a candle or two and masturbate meditate
    2. The objective isn't to become heartless, it's to make peace with things you can't control and take action in the things you can
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah bro just masturbate a lot yeeeee

candles n ****
    wtf alex=)))
    I thought you were going to give this poor lad some complex ritual that would help him get rid of his emotions.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.