Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to become heartless Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to be anything, you'll find out it's just a waste of time, kind of like trying to stretch a rubber band to be something else, it will eventually and inevitably snap back to what it's supposed to be.

Just deal with it as you are right now, it's all a part of life and what will build your character as you get older. Having a story to tell whenever someone points out a trait of yours makes you more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Remember that a good way to break your own heart is exaggerating your importance in the life of others. And that if you expact nothing from anyone, it will hurt less when people let youu down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too true, am always guilty of this. Sickening times when you come to realise you care a lot about someone and they couldn't give a **** about you, happened too many times lmao

ReputationRep:
    You can't learn to be a sociopath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Too true, am always guilty of this. Sickening times when you come to realise you care a lot about someone and they couldn't give a **** about you, happened too many times lmao
    Once you realise this over time it makes you numb. Now I'm not saying that's a good thing but when you have other things to worry about, being numb can be useful.

ReputationRep:
    Once you realise this over time it makes you numb. Now I'm not saying that's a good thing but when you have other things to worry about, being numb can be useful.
    I hope so. I wish I could be numb or unfeeling, it's my fault for constantly doing it more than the other persons tbh, you would think someone would learn after how many times :rofl: Teach me if you know :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Just remember that you are the **** and everyone should bow down to you

Works well for me

ReputationRep:
    Just chalk it up as a lesson and move on. Don't let bad experiences prevent you from trusting others. You'll find genuine friends eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. I wish I could be numb or unfeeling, it's my fault for constantly doing it more than the other persons tbh, you would think someone would learn after how many times :rofl: Teach me if you know :rofl:
    I mean the fact you feel like you're doing more is a good start. What you do is ghost them and then whenever you feel yourself going back, remember that you've always been the one to chase, and now it's their turn. If they want you they'll fight for you.

ReputationRep:
    I mean the fact you feel like you're doing more is a good start. What you do is ghost them and then whenever you feel yourself going back, remember that you've always been the one to chase, and now it's their turn. If they want you they'll fight for you.
    Hmm, it feels like a lot of things end up like this. I feel like I am aware of this for years, but too naive to fully embrace it. Also, isn't there a danger the person(s) you ghost just...don't bother? I mean, what if you end up just sort of back at square one? What do you do then?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it feels like a lot of things end up like this. I feel like I am aware of this for years, but too naive to fully embrace it. Also, isn't there a danger the person(s) you ghost just...don't bother? I mean, what if you end up just sort of back at square one? What do you do then?
    If the person can't be bothered when you try, and can't be bothered when you don't, is there really any point having them in your life? Friendships and relationships aren't meant to be one-way. If this happens, you grieve (if you need to) and move on. There are over 7 billion people in this world, there's no point chasing after someone who doesn't want you or doesn't try to keep you in their life. Go find someone who does.

ReputationRep:
    If the person can't be bothered when you try, and can't be bothered when you don't, is there really any point having them in your life? Friendships and relationships aren't meant to be one-way. If this happens, you grieve (if you need to) and move on. There are over 7 billion people in this world, there's no point chasing after someone who doesn't want you or doesn't try to keep you in their life. Go find someone who does.
    You're right. I wish I didn't get so attached. But you're right, I should not put more in than I get out tbh, nobody should. I feel more optimistic :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You're right. I wish I didn't get so attached. But you're right, I should not put more in than I get out tbh, nobody should. I feel more optimistic :rofl:
    I wish you the best of luck in your mission to become heartless

(Original post by TreeFellOnMe)
    Don't try to be anything, you'll find out it's just a waste of time, kind of like trying to stretch a rubber band to be something else, it will eventually and inevitably snap back to what it's supposed to be.

Just deal with it as you are right now, it's all a part of life and what will build your character as you get older. Having a story to tell whenever someone points out a trait of yours makes you more interesting.
    Most traits you pick up are from your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles dickens)
    one problem that i have is that i care too much about people's emotions
    just found out that the people i have been calling friends are fake people
    im going into sixthform and i want to become heartless and cold
    so any tips how to be heartless and cold to people?
    Don't give a butterscotch of what people say or think about you.

ReputationRep:
    Your name is Charles Dickens learn from yo book man. Don't become a Scrooge.

ReputationRep:
    ppffff, pretend ur a rich american rapper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    rip your heart out.
    R.I.P

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.