Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Anyone else about to start studying at Birmingham Conservatoire in 17/18?
    I went to an open day recently and was told University Locks was the designated accomodation, however it now seems to be able available to all BCU students and I've subsequently not got a place. I was told it was specifically built for and intended for conservatoire students so I'm a little disheartened to now have to find somewhere else without practise rooms and probably not as near to the site.
    All other accommodation seems to have paper thin walls so practising doesn't seem to be an option. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    I was also wondering if anyone is looking for somewhere to live while studying at the conservatoire - I would rather share a flat or house with fellow conservatoire students as I was under the impression my accomodation would be like that!

    I have absolutely nothing against BCU and its students, it just seems like what I was told would be available is very different to what is, and every other UK conservatoire seems to have dedicated conservatoire accommodation.

    TL;DR I need somewhere to live, if you're about to start studying at Birmingham Conservatoire HMU
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.