Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have just bought (and was in the process of buying) my first home with my partner when I applied for finance. I was told over the phone that as I am under 25 my parents and NOT my partner should be filling out the finance support form even though they have nothing to do with my finances...is this correct?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjjs)
    I have just bought (and was in the process of buying) my first home with my partner when I applied for finance. I was told over the phone that as I am under 25 my parents and NOT my partner should be filling out the finance support form even though they have nothing to do with my finances...is this correct?
    If you're under 25 then you need to prove independent student status if you don't want your parents to be classed as your supporters.

That means being married, having a child, being permanently estranged or proving that you have supported yourself financially for 36 months.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjjs)
    Hi cjjs,

If you are under 25 you would be considered a dependent unless certain criteria were met such as being married, have a child, estranged or can send in 36 months worth of self supporting evidence.

Warm regards.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 18, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.