Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Being gay is one of the hardest thing ever Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just be natural. Why'd you turn yourself into a gay then? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    What's so hard about it? If you don't want to embrace the challenges of living that lifestyle stop living it, and turn to a different lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    So are many other things. Life is tough ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    a black gay man aswell
    And Jewish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    The issue of race is CRAZY in America. I wouldn't really go there as a black person.

Relationships are hard, gay or straight. Being gay in Saudi Arabia would be one of the hardest things ever. Here, not so much.
    However here very little would go out with a black person. I'm gay and white myself, I don't find black people attractive so...

ReputationRep:
    I think there are worse situations you can be in....

I have never met a gay person in my life and i am just wondering what draws you to someone with the same sex as you.

ReputationRep:
    No its not, people have illnesses where they cant live properly and ages younger than you, things which are beyond their control. You need to realise you have it so easy, your gay so what, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    No its not, people have illnesses where they cant live properly and ages younger than you, things which are beyond their control. You need to realise you have it so easy, your gay so what, get over it.
    A lot of gay people end up being disowned by their family because of their sexuality. It is not easy to be cut off by the people who raised you. Homophobia is still a big problem.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you think your family and friends might react badly? That could be the case esp if you are black so I guess you will have to be careful. And if you wanted to meet someone there are gay clubs and gay meet-up events... I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would find you attractive and the people on here who are saying most in the uk don't go for black must be kidding, right? England is turning mixed race before our eyes...but no one is getting it on with black people??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    A lot of gay people end up being disowned by their family because of their sexuality. It is not easy to be cut off by the people who raised you. Homophobia is still a big problem.
    Im not saying it was easy, I was saying it was not as bad, some people have illnesses where they can no longer do their jobs or feel themselves. Being gay is an internal thing where it just happens, your just attracted to same same sex, big wow. But with some illnesses where people have no control it can ruine thier lives.

Being is seen as very acceptable nearly if not all emplyees support LGBT to a point where it gets ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I'm gay but I'm white and only into white guys; the OP says he's black, so I'm not interested.
    dw no one will date you anyways with that attitude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    However here very little would go out with a black person. I'm gay and white myself, I don't find black people attractive so...
    What if you became friends with someone first? Never say never. I think there are particular beauty standards in the gay world (muscle/twink etc), so anyone who is older, out of shape or who just doesn't fit the ideal can find it difficult. It's pretty brutal from what I understand. You might be surprised if you go outside your "type" but I guess it depends whether you're looking for a relationship or a one nighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles dickens)
    dw no one will date you anyways with that attitude
    My friend is gay and he says there are a lot of "no black people/no Asian" type profiles on grindr. It smacks of the "no Irish, no blacks, no dogs" from the 1960s to me. It makes my skin crawl a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    What if you became friends with someone first? Never say never. I think there are particular beauty standards in the gay world (muscle/twink etc), so anyone who is older, out of shape or who just doesn't fit the ideal can find it difficult. It's pretty brutal from what I understand. You might be surprised if you go outside your "type" but I guess it depends whether you're looking for a relationship or a one nighter.
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Why is that?
    I don't find the colour attractive I guess. I'm not being politically correct, also it is somewhat brutal in gay world I don't understand 90% of gay people because the ones who expect the most are ugly af but skinny.

My friend is gay and he says there are a lot of "no black people/no Asian" type profiles on grindr. It smacks of the "no Irish, no blacks, no dogs" from the 1960s to me. It makes my skin crawl a bit.
    Thought gay men were supposed to be open minded and liberal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thought gay men were supposed to be open minded and liberal.
    Lmao a lot of them are very superficial trust me!!
    Even some straight men can be superficial - they expect blonde pretty bombshells with big breasts, big bums, smooth legs etc.

(Original post by Hamoody)
    Just be natural. Why'd you turn yourself into a gay then? :hmmm:
    He didn't decide to become gay lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    Lmao a lot of them are very superficial trust me!!
    Even some straight men can be superficial - they expect blonde pretty bombshells with big breasts, big bums, smooth legs etc.
    I think gay culture in general promotes superficiality. My friend thinks it's funny that people were pushing for gay marriage when most just want to sleep around. Many of those in relationships seem to be in open relationships. Many things will change in the future.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 29, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.