Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am considered as 'quiet' in my class, very quiet xD.
    Ok, so for my English Speaking Endorsement, we could either do it in groups (which I had thought was the only option), and it had to be about a Conflict Poem from our anthology.
    I did it in a group with some sort of class-clown, well, I don't even know how to describe him looool, but anyways we were studying The Man He Killed.
    I was writing the script, and memorising my parts, and on the other hand he was changing the font on the powerpoint. This had killed my inside, and once I had found out that we could do the presentation alone, I decided to solo it. Yes, that could be pretty intimidating, and I would have to double my workload. However, I thought of it this way; would I really be better off doing half my workload? Like, seriously, this is what would have happened if I did the presentation in a group:
    First of all, the other people in my group would have simply read off the script. Even thought he grades are given individually, it does make me feel a bit OCD as to how I'd be the only one reading it from memory (which wasn't part of the specification, but I did it because yolo). Then there's the fact that I'd just be talking about half of the presentation; my presentation that I wrote. And the questions session; everyone would ask the other people in my group questions, and I would be left in the dark; with just a few mild questions, as I had a quiet impression!
    Oh, and the guy in my group got insanely mad at me. (He did get a distinction in the end, which he probably wouldn't have gotten so easily had he joined me.) Anyways, most of the people in my class got mere passes. Seriously, I don't know why half of them are in set 1 for English, but the other, actual top set in the year is in the other band (which I am going to in Year 11). That aside, when I went to do the presentation, I was pretty nervous at the beginning but as I started the presentation it went surprisingly smoothly. I did make a few stutters here and there (I worked on memorising the entire presentation in 2 hours?), but I managed to sort of join up each sentence that wasn't true to my script, lol. I answered the questions quite easily, and apparently I got a distinction. It hasn't been sent to the exam board, but the part that was highlighted on my sheet thing was the distinction section, so yeah. Fabulous! That's one achievement I made. I was terrible at speaking in presentation, but succeeded in this one!

(Original post by weeaboo256)
    I am considered as 'quiet' in my class, very quiet xD.
    Ok, so for my English Speaking Endorsement, we could either do it in groups (which I had thought was the only option), and it had to be about a Conflict Poem from our anthology.
    I did it in a group with some sort of class-clown, well, I don't even know how to describe him looool, but anyways we were studying The Man He Killed.
    I was writing the script, and memorising my parts, and on the other hand he was changing the font on the powerpoint. This had killed my inside, and once I had found out that we could do the presentation alone, I decided to solo it. Yes, that could be pretty intimidating, and I would have to double my workload. However, I thought of it this way; would I really be better off doing half my workload? Like, seriously, this is what would have happened if I did the presentation in a group:
    First of all, the other people in my group would have simply read off the script. Even thought he grades are given individually, it does make me feel a bit OCD as to how I'd be the only one reading it from memory (which wasn't part of the specification, but I did it because yolo). Then there's the fact that I'd just be talking about half of the presentation; my presentation that I wrote. And the questions session; everyone would ask the other people in my group questions, and I would be left in the dark; with just a few mild questions, as I had a quiet impression!
    Oh, and the guy in my group got insanely mad at me. (He did get a distinction in the end, which he probably wouldn't have gotten so easily had he joined me.) Anyways, most of the people in my class got mere passes. Seriously, I don't know why half of them are in set 1 for English, but the other, actual top set in the year is in the other band (which I am going to in Year 11). That aside, when I went to do the presentation, I was pretty nervous at the beginning but as I started the presentation it went surprisingly smoothly. I did make a few stutters here and there (I worked on memorising the entire presentation in 2 hours?), but I managed to sort of join up each sentence that wasn't true to my script, lol. I answered the questions quite easily, and apparently I got a distinction. It hasn't been sent to the exam board, but the part that was highlighted on my sheet thing was the distinction section, so yeah. Fabulous! That's one achievement I made. I was terrible at speaking in presentation, but succeeded in this one!
    I did my speaking in year 11. And it was well awkward . I am a shy , reserved person and I was put into the most awful group with the class clown guys . At first we had to do a group , and we agreed on meeting after school and I was the only one there so I could not do it, this happened twice . This time teachers allowed us to go solo and so I did but they told us 2 hrs before the recording , first time I stuttered all the way through , not answering question properly ... but school gave me one more chance and so I got a distinction

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.