Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here who can help me with accommodation in Utrecht? I'm starting in September and I've tried the major websites and online avenues to finding a room. I've gotten nowhere and now am out of new ideas...

Contact the university, SSH, join Facebook groups (e.g. 'kamer in Utrecht' ) and apply for every room (write something good about yourself). Moreover, don't just limit yourself to the city of Utrecht proper. There are also rooms in Zeist, for example, which is very close by.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks! I've done it but thanks anyways. Plus SSH is full now so I've joined Facebook groups and subscribed to some websites to look for places.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by knev)
      Anyone here who can help me with accommodation in Utrecht? I'm starting in September and I've tried the major websites and online avenues to finding a room. I've gotten nowhere and now am out of new ideas...
      I'm starting at Groningen! I booked a really cheap room 2 mins from campus in a house with a garden through HousingAnywhere. There's still a few listings left but they are disappearing fast.

The SSH rooms are nearly gone too from what I've heard. They're about twice as expensive as some private rooms but can be 4 times bigger than my room. However remember that with SSH you can't arrive too early and you have no choice but to move out at the end of the year.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.