Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying to the UK as an American? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I am an incoming junior in America and am wondering how to apply to Oxford for PPE. Can someone walk me through the process of applying as an international?

ReputationRep:
    Complete and submit UCAS form by 15 October.
    Remember you have five university choices.
    Remember Oxford is interested in a personal statement that illustrates your interest in the subject rather than your extra curricular activities.

There's plenty of other information here as well as on the UCAS site:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...pplying-to-uni

https://www.ucas.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParkJiSung777)
    I am an incoming junior in America and am wondering how to apply to Oxford for PPE. Can someone walk me through the process of applying as an international?
    Check out the Oxford website - plenty of info there.

Make sure you expect to have the ACT/SAT and AP/SAT2 scores to qualify. Write a good PS, find a good teacher to write your reference and focus on studying for your course's aptitude test - the TSA. Figure out where you will take the TSA.

Getting invited for an interview will depend primarily on the TSA score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skitheeast)
    Check out the Oxford website - plenty of info there.

Make sure you expect to have the ACT/SAT and AP/SAT2 scores to qualify. Write a good PS, find a good teacher to write your reference and focus on studying for your course's aptitude test - the TSA. Figure out where you will take the TSA.

Getting invited for an interview will depend primarily on the TSA score.
    I did some work for a professor at my local UC. Do you think I can submit their recommendation rather than my teachers?

ReputationRep:
    Why not Harvard? I would love to go to Harvard but applying from England is so complex! 😢😢😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParkJiSung777)
    I did some work for a professor at my local UC. Do you think I can submit their recommendation rather than my teachers?
    That is not how it works

UCAS references for students entering from School /FE are expected to provide a reference from their current place of study , same if you change courses ...

please for pities sake put any of the stupid patronage and bribery things that the US considers normal out of you mind

ReputationRep:
    So someone has been really rude when there is no need to be! We are meant to be helping eachother out on here not trying to offend each other or try to make anyone feel embarrassed or stupid. 😠😠

I'm so sorry people are being rude on your post! I promise you we are not all like that in England & I hope you get into oxford & you enjoy living in England.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.