Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Itunes Help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im starting to recount a few things as Im sorting my laptop out.

I got hold of a family friend's ipod in a bid to sync his music to my laptop before and transfer those things to my dad's own device.

I'm just worried as Im not an iphone user that i didnt really do the right steps.

I believe I synced his ipod to my laptop and I'm worried if that means that photos in my local library (not in itunes) and other media wouldve wounded up on that person's ipod?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potestas)
    Hey guys im starting to recount a few things as Im sorting my laptop out.

I got hold of a family friend's ipod in a bid to sync his music to my laptop before and transfer those things to my dad's own device.

I'm just worried as Im not an iphone user that i didnt really do the right steps.

I believe I synced his ipod to my laptop and I'm worried if that means that photos in my local library (not in itunes) and other media wouldve wounded up on that person's ipod?

Thanks
    No other media would have gone onto the persons iPod unless you selected for it to be synced on to the iPod or if it was a default setting to sync other Media content.

I have an iPod 5th Gen and I always sync music and no Photos from my local library end up on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirrology)
    No other media would have gone onto the persons iPod unless you selected for it to be synced on to the iPod or if it was a default setting to sync other Media content.

I have an iPod 5th Gen and I always sync music and no Photos from my local library end up on it.
    Hey thanks for answering

I dont know if it was on that default setting to be honest. All I did was press the sync button on the bottom right and a couple other things, I'm not too sure whether that entailed a lot of other syncing.

I have no photos in my itunes library, so would photos in my personal PC that are not on itunes be downloaded on the other person's ipod?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for answering

I dont know if it was on that default setting to be honest. All I did was press the sync button on the bottom right and a couple other things, I'm not too sure whether that entailed a lot of other syncing.

I have no photos in my itunes library, so would photos in my personal PC that are not on itunes be downloaded on the other person's ipod?
    No, it is very highly unlikely that they are on the persons iPod.

Usually at the bottom of the iTunes sync page there's a bar, that bar usually goes up or down after you have synced content on to the iPod, did you see the Photos bar go up or stay the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirrology)
    No, it is very highly unlikely that they are on the persons iPod.

Usually at the bottom of the iTunes sync page there's a bar, that bar usually goes up or down after you have synced content on to the iPod, did you see the Photos bar go up or stay the same?
    I dont recall any of the bars moving up to be fair

also one more question (sorry if I'm super annoying): I just looked at some files and saw that it may have occurred around the time I owned an android.

If my android happened to be plugged in to another usb port in my laptop at the time of the syncing would the files from my android be transferred to the ipod?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I dont recall any of the bars moving up to be fair

also one more question (sorry if I'm super annoying): I just looked at some files and saw that it may have occurred around the time I owned an android.

If my android happened to be plugged in to another usb port in my laptop at the time of the syncing would the files from my android be transferred to the ipod?
    No, definitely not.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Technology and computers.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.