The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Applying to the University of Leeds 2018 entry - official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by ZS1
When did you apply? I sent my ucas off on the 13th so about 8 day turnaround. They'll defo give you an offer if ur predicted decent grades!

I sent my application on the 11/10/2017 and my predicted grades are the equivalent to the A*A*A*A. I think I have a chance! But waiting's so continuous...:frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Planning to accept my offer for Management and Marketing, anyone else applying for/doing this subject?
Original post by AI212
Been invited for an interview day for biochemistry

I have been invited to one for Chemistry. What day are you going up?
Original post by AI212
8th of december
wbu?

Yeah 8th December as well
Does anyone know if Leeds offer less than their entry requirements?
The guideline for CivEng is AAA but i would realistically need AAB to consider going there.
Hi i have applied for law with international legal studies, has anyone received any offers and if so how long and with what predicted/ achieved grades?
Original post by AmeliaGD27
Hi i have applied for law with international legal studies, has anyone received any offers and if so how long and with what predicted/ achieved grades?

i got an offer for straight law, predicted 2A*1A, igcses 4A 5B, applied 10/10 got an offer 18/10. offer of AAB even without EPQ 😊😊 pretty lucky, maybe my personal statement reference was good
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Edian
I sent my application on the 11/10/2017 and my predicted grades are the equivalent to the A*A*A*A. I think I have a chance! But waiting's so continuous...:frown:

holy with those grades i’m sure you’ll get an offer soon enough... i applied 10/10, got an offer 18/10 of AAB. i don’t do the EPQ so i’m lucky they offered me such a low offer. applied with predicted grades of A*A*A and igcse’s results of 4A5B. i think it was my personal statement reference that gave me a boost :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MaccaWare
Does anyone know if Leeds offer less than their entry requirements?
The guideline for CivEng is AAA but i would realistically need AAB to consider going there.

All of the engineering courses are always over-subscribed, they will make the offer of AAA, and if you don't achieve that come results day I doubt you'll get through, they never open for clearing or adjustment
hi, i applied to do linguistics and phonetics and got a conditional offer, anyone else applying for linguistics?
Original post by graceflower47
Planning to accept my offer for Management and Marketing, anyone else applying for/doing this subject?

Hii finally found someone else doing the same course. I have yet to send my UCAS off as I need to finish my personal statement but how long did it take for Leeds to give you an offer and what are your predicted grades etc?
Anyone applying for Japanese by any chance at Leeds?
Reply 212
I am 😊 glad to see someone else applying for the same course.
Original post by ljcrisp
Anyone applying for Japanese by any chance at Leeds?
Heyyy! Sent my application today! I am applying for International Business with Marketing. Also applying for business related courses to: Lancaster, Manchester, Sussex and Sheffield. I don’t take A levels as I am from Romania.
(edited 6 years ago)
About to firm Leeds for Maths & Philosophy, anyone else looking to that course / either of the single honours courses?
Original post by inquisitorgemgem
I am 😊 glad to see someone else applying for the same course.

Same here 😊 I love how the 2nd year its the year abroad cause like Sheffield, Newcastle etc. is in 3rd year! Have you had any offers back yet?
Original post by gödel
About to firm Leeds for Maths & Philosophy, anyone else looking to that course / either of the single honours courses?

I'm applying for Philosophy :smile: (originally was applying for Law but things kinda changed haha)
Reply 217
I've got offers back from Leeds and Sheffield, also been invited for an interview to Manchester and I'm waiting for replies from Edinburgh and SOAS. To be fair, my first choice is Leeds so I'm not too bothered. My plan is too firm Leeds and if I don't get in just do my A-levels again to get better grades. Not sure if its the best idea but its what I feel suits me. What about you ?

Original post by ljcrisp
Same here 😊 I love how the 2nd year its the year abroad cause like Sheffield, Newcastle etc. is in 3rd year! Have you had any offers back yet?
Original post by AmeliaGD27

I have applied for this and haven’t heard anything back - are you still waiting?
i got an offer for computer science with artificial intelligence:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest