Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I not think about my crush's relationship? Watch

So my crush has a boyfriend and I'm ok with that, I was annoyed at first as she disclosed she had lost her virginity to him but after a week or two I was over it. However, when talking to her and she says something like 'talk later' I know it's because she's visiting her boyfriend's house. My question is, how do I not think about what she's doing with her boyfriend? I picture in my head what she does to him and it makes me jealous/angry at the same time. I very rarely actually feel emotions towards anything but my crush helps me feel emotion. I really like her and I don't want to not be friends but it's hard when all I can imagine is what she is doing with her boyfriend. So once again, how do I stop these thoughts? I usually use my hobbies as a distraction but at some points, even hobbies don't help. Any advice? Thanks.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So my crush has a boyfriend and I'm ok with that, I was annoyed at first as she disclosed she had lost her virginity to him but after a week or two I was over it. However, when talking to her and she says something like 'talk later' I know it's because she's visiting her boyfriend's house. My question is, how do I not think about what she's doing with her boyfriend? I picture in my head what she does to him and it makes me jealous/angry at the same time. I very rarely actually feel emotions towards anything but my crush helps me feel emotion. I really like her and I don't want to not be friends but it's hard when all I can imagine is what she is doing with her boyfriend. So once again, how do I stop these thoughts? I usually use my hobbies as a distraction but at some points, even hobbies don't help. Any advice? Thanks.
    Don't talk to her then . Seriously, you can't get with her and obviously you can't get over her then cut the contact and find someone else, your only hurting yourself.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The best way, although maybe not the most practical, is to completely remove her (and her boyfriend) from your daily life - at least until you're over it. Don't see her, don't have her on Facebook, nothing. At the same time, actively meet other girls. Although this girl feels special, this is ultimately because you don't have other girls in your life. I think it will take approximately 1-2 months for your feelings to fade enough to wonder how you were so caught up before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I picture in my head what she does to him and it makes me jealous/angry at the same time.
    Hey, it could be worse. I actually saw a girl I was into's Instagram, and her bf was straddling her on his dorm bed.

Usually guys left comments on her Instagram saying stuff like how they'd "rock her world" or try to get her number. Literally no guys left comments on that one racy photo with her bf laying on top of her and staring into her eyes. They must've all been mad jealous.

You're not alone. I'd say always look for other girls. It upset me at first, but then I realized they were kinda out of my league anyways. They had a lot more in common with each other than me. They were both basketballers, and I've never played and have no interest in it. They all knew eachother since they were 15 (they were 18 when they hooked up).

ReputationRep:
    You need to move on and get over this girl, find someone else and stop waiting to be the rebound guy.

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: Cut all contact and distance yourself from her.

Step 2: Preoccupy yourself with other activities in your spare time - gaming, hobbies, gym, academics etc.

Step 3: Work on yourself and let people know you're available and initiate contact with other people you find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Get on tinder and go on the rebound.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice, I really appreciate it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.