Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Can i finance at lamborghini at 17? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i want a really nice car at 17 but how much would it cost monthly if its even possible?

maybe an Audi r8 or nissan gtr if any of those are viable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCole&Co)
    i want a really nice car at 17 but how much would it cost monthly if its even possible?

U wont be able to get insured on it n how can u afford a gtr

ReputationRep:

It’s possible sure, but you’d need to be earning quite a large sum to afford one. Unless your parents are rich, I suggest you start looking for a decent income.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessim)
    It’s possible sure, but you’d need to be earning quite a large sum to afford one. Unless your parents are rich, I suggest you start looking for a decent income.
    have any kinda of value in mind? i will have a regular income

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    U wont be able to get insured on it n how can u afford a gtr
    i never said i could afford one, but i will be earning upwards of 15k a year. so i was looking if i could pay monthly for a very nice car.

ReputationRep:
    £6 deposit, £1.50 a month for 24 months and a £9.50 balloon payment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    £6 deposit, £1.50 a month for 24 months and a £9.50 balloon payment
    thats too much man, i really only want to do about 1k a month

ReputationRep:

dumb. dumb dumb dumb.

this is DUMB.

if you cannot afford a lambo, do not buy one. simple. why do you expect the prize without the graft? where are your priorities. trust me, if you somehow borrowed the money or gor this car on finance, your 25 year old self will look back and rue how silly you were and what good that money could have done elsewhere.

even if you DID have they money from parents or something, a lamborghini is a stupid way to spend it, especially at this age, if that is all the money you have. buy a house first. go travelling. experience life. don't buy a ridiculous car that you'll either crash after 5 days or never drive for fear of that.

if you miraculously managed to fork out for a lambo, you don't even want to know what the insurance would cost. it'd be sky high.

get a 8 year old vauxhall corsa like a normal 17 year old kid and start investing money and time into your future career. stop expecting something for nothing.

such an expensive car will add nothing to your life. do something worthwhile and save this dream for when you're older and richer.

ReputationRep:
    thats too much man, i really only want to do about 1k a month
    i can't get over this. why do you care so much about getting a flashy car? you could be saving that 1k a month for a deposit on a house or travelling the world rather than spending it on something that'll depreciate in value the minute you sign the finance papers... just so you can look "cool" in front of your mates.

if you have a passion for cars, go to some motor museums and get into the car show scene. don't be an idiot with your money. getting such an expensive car on finance is a mugs game especially if you're only on 15k. live within your means. these expensive cars exist for rich people with enough money to splash out on it. focus on getting your career there and spending your money wisely not so you can buy one in 10 years time when you can actually afford it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    i can't get over this. why do you care so much about getting a flashy car? you could be saving that 1k a month for a deposit on a house or travelling the world rather than spending it on something that'll depreciate in value the minute you sign the finance papers... just so you can look "cool" in front of your mates.

if you have a passion for cars, go to some motor museums and get into the car show scene. don't be an idiot with your money. getting such an expensive car on finance is a mugs game especially if you're only on 15k. live within your means. these expensive cars exist for rich people with enough money to splash out on it. focus on getting your career there and spending your money wisely not so you can buy one in 10 years time when you can actually afford it!
    you need to chill a great deal son, im not buying a lamborghini to look flashy, im doing it because i like to treat myself and show off to the people i will be working for that i am a smart young businessmen. You dont understand me, i am not in a rich family so i probably wont be able to afford a lamborghini but that doesnt mean i cant treat myself. It humours me that you are so salty that i want to spend my money on a very expensive car, why would i want to save my money for a house when i know guranteed that when im 20 years old ill be have 6 figures in my bank account so i will be able to afford it. Im earning money, so i will treat myself how i like. Dont get salty and just call me a kid to justify your beliefs. You clearly dont have the businessman and high life attitude i do, im working for a big company doing business administration i want to look good infront of employers so they take me on and give me a career. I dont need money for travelling, if i want to go on holiday i can which wont cost me much.

ReputationRep:
    you won't get insured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    you won't get insured
    thinking about just getting a simple new audi TT on finance.

ReputationRep:
    you need to chill a great deal son, im not buying a lamborghini to look flashy,
    im doing it because i like to treat myself and show off to the people i will be working for that i am a smart young businessmen.
    It sounds very much like you want to buy it to look flashy.

If you want to show that you're smart, invest or save your excess money. Spending it on more car (and insurance) than you need is not smart. Not being able to calculate how much car you could afford is not smart.

i never said i could afford one, but i will be earning upwards of 15k a year. so i was looking if i could pay monthly for a very nice car.
    Many not so flashy cars will depreciate by more than £15k in a year.

ReputationRep:

Well assuming you buying from new you are looking at around £120k for an Audi R8. But then you have the small problem of getting finance at the age of 17 with no credit record. Let us assume you can pull in a loan at around 6% for 10 years, you are looking at repayments of around £1200 a month. But then you have got to get insurance. Assuming someone will actually insure a supercar for a 17 year old, it is going to be many thousands a year. Then there is tax of which on new models comes in at around £2000k for the first year and then £535 after that depending on the model you get. Lastly, you have your fuel. You can put up to 83L in some models and if you are up for a laugh, you want to be putting in the Premium 97 unleaded. Assume a fuel price of £1.25 a litre, that is around £100 a tank.

I reckon £2500 a month would do it. (just)

Oh - and I forgot servicing. Add lots of money for this.

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I will fuel the stupid of the OP.

So you earn 15K a year and think you are some high level businessman? Please, we've heard it all on TSR.

1. The GTR is the cheapest at around ~90K that means you will have to spend 6 years salary on just the car. No company is stupid enough to give you that loan with no credit score.

2. You also have to pay for fuel and all of the stuff a normal driver does, this is expensive. This will add to your monthly costs.

3. I don't know if you have driving experience but if you do it will be very little. Once it gets into big numbers insurance companies become sharks. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge you >10% of the cars original value due to your lack of experience.

4. To give a better impression you can show an investment history. This takes a smart person with some money. It shows you can read data, handle money and predict market change. If you have a good one it's like gold dust to a business employer. A car is the opposite and will give a "boy racer" vibe. (If you want to impress your employer visibly, a good suit goes a lot further than a car, employers love a person who dresses smart)

5. At 17 my car cost me around 3K a year and it's your average first car. I doubt you will be able to afford a car 3K+ due to insurance. Nothing near your 90K GTR.

6. Don't be a dreamer. If you rock up to an interview and say "I wanna have 6 digits in my bank" they will not hire you. It shows you want to be the boss and will work bad as a team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you need to chill a great deal son, im not buying a lamborghini to look flashy, im doing it because i like to treat myself and show off to the people i will be working for that i am a smart young businessmen. You dont understand me, i am not in a rich family so i probably wont be able to afford a lamborghini but that doesnt mean i cant treat myself. It humours me that you are so salty that i want to spend my money on a very expensive car, why would i want to save my money for a house when i know guranteed that when im 20 years old ill be have 6 figures in my bank account so i will be able to afford it. Im earning money, so i will treat myself how i like. Dont get salty and just call me a kid to justify your beliefs. You clearly dont have the businessman and high life attitude i do, im working for a big company doing business administration i want to look good infront of employers so they take me on and give me a career. I dont need money for travelling, if i want to go on holiday i can which wont cost me much.
    How will you have six figures in your bank by the time you're 20 when you're earning 15k per year?

ReputationRep:
    Sir Alan Sugar enjoys a laugh. Can anyone send him a link to this thread?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Assuming not a troll... no, you need to be 18+ to get a finance contract.

And even if you are 18+ you need to have a good enough credit history and favourable affordability assessment (regular income less regular outgoings = how much you can afford to pay off a finance agreement each month) to qualify.
    • Very Important Poster

Nobody will let you enter a finance deal until you are 18.

You are looking at £2,500- £3,500 a month a dn a £10,000- £20,000 deposit from your 15k a year.

The answer would be NO.

You have a chance at one of these

ReputationRep:

Don't do it - this is a sure-fire way to end up with MASSIVE debt. People buying new cars they can't really afford on finance (especially in the USA) is a big problem, and some experts think it could be a repeat of the subprime mortage crisis of 2008.

For a start, you have to be 18 to finance a car. Even if you managed that, the payments would be well over £1,000 per month. Add to that the fuel costs (these are gas-guzzlers, so call it £3,600 per year (10k miles @ 15mpg @ £1.20/litre). At your age, insurance will be totally ridiculous for such a car. I have no idea how much it'd cost, but got to be at least £10,000 per year if you want full coverage. Then the annual repairs and maintenance which could set you back thousands per year. If you scrape your two-metre-wide Lamborghini, you could get a bill for many thousands. So all in all, you're looking at tens of thousands per year to own a car like that. Can you afford that?

Why do you need a nice car at this age? I'd love to own one of these cars (I'm partial to an Audi R8 V10 or McLaren 570S myself), but it's much better to wait until you're older, have more money and insurance is cheaper. You've probably got 70 years ahead of you - there's plenty of time for nice cars. Also, if you only drive supercars, you'll never experience slower cars. The slower the car you drive, the more you can floor it and enjoy it.

If you really want a nice car at a young age, drive a used hatchback for the next few years to prove to insurers that you're a good driver, then get something cheap and sporty like a Toyota GT86.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.