Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guy at work- what does this mean? Watch

Hi,

So basically the other day was the first time I worked with this guy. He seemed like a gentleman and we were helping each other out all day with jobs. I'm usually quite a shy person but I could sense that he seemed pretty shy too so I thought I'd break the ice by asking him lots of questions and making conversation. He kept staring at me/ giving me long gazed, trying to stand near me and join in on everyone conversation I started with everyone else. He also added me on a social network and he asked to add me, not the other way round! Then afterwards he was walking out with me and we waited for each other to walk out of work together. I felt bad because he knows I live close to work and he has to wait for a lift. He mentioned my house n said which one is it what's it like etc and felt bad because wasn't sure if this was an indication/ hoping I would invite him in for a bit. But wasn't sure whether I would look weird doing that after meeting day 1 or whether it would have been polite. Also he kept taking his glasses off n cleaned them lots and people who wear glasses always take them off usually around people they like. Idk, it's early days and I'm probably just overthinking. Thoughts?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

So basically the other day was the first time I worked with this guy. He seemed like a gentleman and we were helping each other out all day with jobs. I'm usually quite a shy person but I could sense that he seemed pretty shy too so I thought I'd break the ice by asking him lots of questions and making conversation. He kept staring at me/ giving me long gazed, trying to stand near me and join in on everyone conversation I started with everyone else. He also added me on a social network and he asked to add me, not the other way round! Then afterwards he was walking out with me and we waited for each other to walk out of work together. I felt bad because he knows I live close to work and he has to wait for a lift. He mentioned my house n said which one is it what's it like etc and felt bad because wasn't sure if this was an indication/ hoping I would invite him in for a bit. But wasn't sure whether I would look weird doing that after meeting day 1 or whether it would have been polite. Also he kept taking his glasses off n cleaned them lots and people who wear glasses always take them off usually around people they like. Idk, it's early days and I'm probably just overthinking. Thoughts?
    LOL how old are you two? You make this sound like your both 13 yo.

LOL how old are you two? You make this sound like your both 13 yo.
    17 and 18

ReputationRep:
    he just wants to get to know you better i guess

17 and 18
    To answer your question, yes it does seem like he likes you. You did the right thing by not inviting him over, it is best to develop a flirty friendship first and find out more about him e.g. does he already have a gf, his likes, hobbies etc. Make it flirty otherwise you'll end up in the friend zone (girls can get friend zoned as well believe it or not). If he reciprocates then your all good to go.

ReputationRep:
    If you like him , get to know him
    He hasn't done anything apart from show an interest
    It's up to you
    Dont overthink it!

Thanks guys. Any more thoughts or advice? Should i message him or Snapchat him or should I leave it till I've had another shift with him??

So what do you reckon is best?

ReputationRep:
    So what do you reckon is best?
    I'd wait until you have a couple more shifts together before you make any move - that way you can get to know each other a bit at work first, and it'll be easier for you to get a better idea of whether he's interested. He might feel attached to you since you've made a real attempt at making him feel included and he finds it easy to talk to you, these things are best taken with a bit of time. Get to know him at work, then invite him out for a coffee or something

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

he doesn't have the konfidunce to be in a relationship and is doomed to inceldom

Had a conversarion and replies are long and there is an effort to keep the conversation going with these long replies but slow replies? Good or bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kanairee)
    I'd wait until you have a couple more shifts together before you make any move - that way you can get to know each other a bit at work first, and it'll be easier for you to get a better idea of whether he's interested. He might feel attached to you since you've made a real attempt at making him feel included and he finds it easy to talk to you, these things are best taken with a bit of time. Get to know him at work, then invite him out for a coffee or something
    Yes, there's no need to rush things. Aww, so sweet
    • TSR Support Team

As the rest said get to know each other a bit more

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.