Asked to send Send Childcare Grant (CCG) form? I don't have a child... Watch

username2392009
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My application was approved way back in May for the upcoming September semester in my third year on my degree course at university.
Apparenty SFE have sent me this form? They haven't. Furthermore they didn't need to because it doesn't apply to me.

Also, there is no scheduled payment dates yet and there was this time last year. Will this show up at least before I actually go back to uni because I need to know how I will be travelling there on my first day and if I will be able to buy required resources in time.
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi GreekTea,

Apologies for the confusion about the Childcare Grant (CCG) form. You may receive one through the post yet but you can disregard this. Some accounts have been noted incorrectly about applying for CCG despite no child dependents having been declared. It won't have any impact on your application.

As for your payments, they schedule 40 working days prior to the start of your course. You will be able to view them online then. They are in line with the start date of each of the three terms of your course.

Thanks
Briojan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I've also had this - i've been approved for my finance but it's asking for a CCG form... I don't have any child dependents but I do recall writing
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Briojan)
Hi I've also had this - i've been approved for my finance but it's asking for a CCG form... I don't have any child dependents but I do recall writing
Hi Briojan,

If you have put dependent children on your application in error, then you can send a hand written letter to have this removed.

Thanks Catherine
yasmin200
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied for student finance and got accepted for the maintenance loan but then i changed my application by sending SFE by mail a pff2 income assessment form and an application to base my Student finance on household income for bursary purposes.

Then i received a CCG form on the to do list on my SFE account but i did not write down any child dependants (as i don't have any)when my parents filled out the pff2 income assessment form and an application to base my Student finance on household income.

I also received an email saying SFE is assessing the evidence i sent but because my application has changed, will i get the rest of my maintenance loan due in january?
Last edited by yasmin200; 8 months ago
SFE Aaron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by yasmin200)
i also received a CCG form but i did not write down any child dependants because i dont have any

Hi Yasmin, if you don’t have any child dependants then you can disregard the request for he information and we will not progress with that. Thanks, Aaron.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (244)
13.81%
Impatient (217)
12.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise