Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Provisional driving licence mistake Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'm on the right thread so I apologise - basically last week I applied for my provisional driving licence online and paid the full amount but today I found my birth certificate and after reading it I realised I had a second middle name which I didn't add on my provisional licence application. I added my first name, middle name and last name without realising I had a second middle name. I was just wondering if this would cause a problem? I'm sending my national insurance and birth certificate today so just needed to know if it would be a problem, thanks for reading.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jvstpatrick)
    I'm not sure if I'm on the right thread so I apologise - basically last week I applied for my provisional driving licence online and paid the full amount but today I found my birth certificate and after reading it I realised I had a second middle name which I didn't add on my provisional licence application. I added my first name, middle name and last name without realising I had a second middle name. I was just wondering if this would cause a problem? I'm sending my national insurance and birth certificate today so just needed to know if it would be a problem, thanks for reading.
    Hey OP! :wavey:

I believe IWMTom should be able to help you out with this! :five:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by IWMTom)
    x

Spoiler:
    Show

This thread should be in the Cars and Motoring forum. I'll just quote the amazing AngryJellyfish to get this moved for you

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    x
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Hey OP! :wavey:

I believe IWMTom should be able to help you out with this! :five:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

This thread should be in the Cars and Motoring forum. I'll just quote the amazing AngryJellyfish to get this moved for you

I have no idea about your question but did have powers to move this to the right place for you

ReputationRep:
    Are all your names on your GCSE certificates? Sorry, an off topic comment but important.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It ---probably--- wouldn't matter - they'll probably just add it to your licence, or leave it out.

People assume names are really strict but in reality we live in a country where saying "I am no longer Tom, I am now John" is legal basis for a name change. Names aren't important.

I don't see them rejecting the application.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.