Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Anyone like metal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are your favorite metal bands? Mine are Trivium, Lamb of God, Sum 41 and
    Alestorm

ReputationRep:
    Sum 41 are pretty decent (Scumf**k and Screaming Bloody Murder I liked), Metallica, Ipyert, Black Sabbath, and maybe some Slipknot if I want to intensify mainstreamness

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like magnesium but metals like aluminium and lithium sound great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zucking420)
    Alestorm
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    Sum 41 are pretty decent (Scumf**k and Screaming Bloody Murder I liked), Metallica, Ipyert, Black Sabbath, and maybe some Slipknot if I want to intensify mainstreamness
    Disturbed, System of a Down, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Sum 41, Iron Maiden.

Also into 'grunge'. Audioslave is my most favourite band to be honest (I know not metal but still).

Spoiler:
    Show

I thought I was the only one left and most metal heads went extinct in the current EDM Justin Beiber Zayn Malik rihanna loving age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by transient life)
    Disturbed, System of a Down, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Sum 41, Iron Maiden.

Also into 'grunge'. Audioslave is my most favourite band to be honest (I know not metal but still).

Spoiler:
    Show

I thought I was the only one left and most metal heads went extinct in the current EDM Justin Beiber Zayn Malik rihanna loving age.

System of a Down! Ah that brings me back, I have a special place in my heart for Chop Suey and Cigaro! Disturbed always keep me coming back, I kinda enjoyed Asylum, I seemed to be the only one in my friendship group who actually kind of liked the Sound of Silence remake.

ReputationRep:
    System of a Down! Ah that brings me back, I have a special place in my heart for Chop Suey and Cigaro! Disturbed always keep me coming back, I kinda enjoyed Asylum, I seemed to be the only one in my friendship group who actually kind of liked the Sound of Silence remake.
    System of a down is high up there in my list of bands. Hey Chop Suey also holds a special place in my heart. I am actually thinking about getting the line that means a lot to me tattooed. Not sure though as it is a lifelong commitment. But yeah the meaning is so close to my heart. How old are you? My friends probably don't even know most of those bands/songs and it's rather annoying going on a drive, with them blasting Chainsmoker, and going like omg this music is off the hook blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    System of a down is high up there in my list of bands. Hey Chop Suey also holds a special place in my heart. I am actually thinking about getting the line that means a lot to me tattooed. Not sure though as it is a lifelong commitment. But yeah the meaning is so close to my heart. How old are you? My friends probably don't even know most of those bands/songs and it's rather annoying going on a drive, with them blasting Chainsmoker, and going like omg this music is off the hook blah blah blah.
    Actually, I'm 16. Just where I come from I was surrounded by a lot of old CDs, so I got immersed quite early.

At the risk of sounding rather edgy with the 'I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION' line, I dislike MOST of the mainstream music of this generation, once you do a lot of digging beyond the trashy surface, you find some true gems.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'm 16. Just where I come from I was surrounded by a lot of old CDs, so I got immersed quite early.

At the risk of sounding rather edgy with the 'I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION' line, I dislike MOST of the mainstream music of this generation, once you do a lot of digging beyond the trashy surface, you find some true gems.
    Oh I'm much older than you - 97's kid. But I was a bit of a tomboy growing up and I'd always try to be like my brother who was in a heavy metal band of his own and into that whole thing, so I grew up liking music like that rather than the mainstream music of this generation.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Music.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I not heading to Download anytime soon, but I like a bit of old skool Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth. Got to be in the right mood for it, though. I also like Alestorm a lot, though this is a recent thing for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Too many to list. Mostly math or melodic death stuff though, or in similar orbits.

Alestorm
    Seeing Alestorm in Paris later this year!

Also, when was Sum41 considered metal :lol:

Metal has never been mainstream. There was a phase in the mid 00's when you had Evanessence and Linkin park type stuff which is hardly groundbreaking. I guess before that it would have been the 70's and maybe 80's where you had old school metal being a bit more of a thing (i.e. New Wave of British Metal). People do seem to be less into defining themselves by what music scene they're into now though?

ReputationRep:
    Metal isn't real music, it's just people shouting about killing themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Have you heard BYOB???
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :lol: You're getting confused with emo.

Spoiler:
    Show

Old school metal is about killing other people/people killing other people.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard BYOB???
    They r probably satanic!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rnineirnee)
    Personally I like magnesium but metals like aluminium and lithium sound great.
    Only clicked on the thread to find this inevitable comment. Have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. It doesn't sound sincere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaLost)
    :lol: You're getting confused with emo.

Spoiler:
    Show

Old school metal is about killing other people/people killing other people.

Emo screemo they r all the same !

ReputationRep:
    Alestorm
    me!
    pretty much every big name in metal!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Emo screemo they r all the same !
    Technically emo is a form of punk, metal has different roots, and they use different structures etc buuuut I get the feeling you don't actually care :troll:

ReputationRep:
    Alestorm

I love Slipknot especially their lyrics
    My fave song of theirs is Spit It Out
    But I like all different kinds of music as well as metal

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.