The Student Room Group

Need Help Please

i have applied for student finance and everything has been ticked off on the website but my birth certificate one, which i sent off and then they sent me it back about a week after and it still hasnt been ticked off. Just want to make sure my application is finished? as i havent heard off them since
Hi leahwood,

When you are sending in an original UK birth certificate as ID evidence you usually need to send a birth or adoption certificate form. It needs to be countersigned by someone who has known you for two years or more with a professional occupation. Did you send this?

If you did send this it should have been processed by now so you would be best to give us a call on 0300 100 0607 so we can check it for you. If you haven't sent the birth or adoption certificate form then you can click on the link above to get this and print it off and get someone to countersign it for you. You usually wouldn't need to send your original birth certificate again if we have noted it on the account. We can check this for you when you call.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi.Would a teaching assistant be allowed as an occupation?Also would the birth certificate need to be sent in again or just the form if it was previously sent?
Original post by ash_91
Hi.Would a teaching assistant be allowed as an occupation?Also would the birth certificate need to be sent in again or just the form if it was previously sent?

Hi ash_91,

A teaching assistant would not be accepted. There is a list of acceptable professions on the form itself. We would not need to see the birth certificate again as long as it was the original you sent previously. You can also check with us on 0300 100 0607 to make sure it was accepted and it is just the adoption and birth certificate form outstanding.

Warm regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending