Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Would you rather be 5'8 or 6'5? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    You were right. If the search function actually worked in any way on TSR, I'd collate a list of 'height' threads we've had in the past month. It must be about 100 threads.
    That's so true. I don't understand the obsession with height threads. You just have to accept how tall you are, end of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    That's so true. I don't understand the obsession with height threads. You just have to accept how tall you are, end of.
    That is true (though easy to say if, like me, you're 6'4" lol). It's the threads that say 'I'm 5'9" - am I too short to get girls' that get me. What are they going to do when people answer 'yes'? Decide to grow another 5"?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That is true (though easy to say if, like me, you're 6'4" lol). It's the threads that say 'I'm 5'9" - am I too short to get girls' that get me. What are they going to do when people answer 'yes'? Decide to grow another 5"?
    Damn, 6'4" is quite tall I must measure up to you like I'm a child. Haha lol, I think they're trying to attain 'no' and people will throw in saying it's not all about height there are other factors etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michal68)
    Get buff at 6'5 and you'll look like a god. 5'8 is manlet size.

But yes being scrawny at 6'5 wouldn't look great.
    Buff at 6 5 would probably look a bit imposing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Damn, 6'4" is quite tall I must measure up to you like I'm a child. Haha lol, I think they're trying to attain 'no' and people will throw in saying it's not all about height there are other factors etc.
    I think you're right - all except this being TSR they don't, and instead say 'oh, you're destined for a celibate life of misery being a manlet' instead.

I'm the dwarf in our family. It's a common joke that RC needs a stool to reach the high cupboards. But then again, my family are idiots, so that's ok
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right - all except this being TSR they don't, and instead say 'oh, you're destined for a celibate life of misery being a manlet' instead.

I'm the dwarf in our family. It's a common joke that RC needs a stool to reach the high cupboards. But then again, my family are idiots, so that's ok
    So true. :laugh:

Dwarf?! How tall are your family members?? Your family will be giants compared to the rest of us average height people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    So true. :laugh:

Dwarf?! How tall are your family members?? Your family will be giants compared to the rest of us average height people.
    6'5" - 6'8" (but he's a weirdo anyway). Interestingly, my cousins are actually complete dwarves, and are all well under 6'. When we go to visit them in Dorset we say we're going down to see the Hobbits.

Being tall has disadvantages as well as advantages, but no-one seems to mention them on TSR - I suppose because on balance, the + outweigh the -. But, as usual, a lack of balance.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    6'5" - 6'8" (but he's a weirdo anyway). Interestingly, my cousins are actually complete dwarves, and are all well under 6'. When we go to visit them in Dorset we say we're going down to see the Hobbits.

Being tall has disadvantages as well as advantages, but no-one seems to mention them on TSR - I suppose because on balance, the + outweigh the -. But, as usual, a lack of balance.
    That's mean, not everyone is over 6ft tall. That's true, what are the negatives of being tall? There isn't any to be honest. How old are you that you're 6'4"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    That's mean, not everyone is over 6ft tall. That's true, what are the negatives of being tall? There isn't any to be honest. How old are you that you're 6'4"?
    I was 6'2 at 16 - a proper gangly teenager! Disadvantages are public transport. NOTHING is big enough, or has enough legroom. And air travel is worse - Premium Economy is actually just Practical Economy if you're tall. Also, if your gf is relatively short and you sometimes share a car lol Really annoying.

EDIT - and counter tops in kitchens - too low. And sinks, in kitchens and particularly bathrooms. Really ****ing low down!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was 6'2 at 16 - a proper gangly teenager! Disadvantages are public transport. NOTHING is big enough, or has enough legroom. And air travel is worse - Premium Economy is actually just Practical Economy if you're tall. Also, if your gf is relatively short and you sometimes share a car lol Really annoying.

EDIT - and counter tops in kitchens - too low. And sinks, in kitchens and particularly bathrooms. Really ****ing low down!
    Haha! I guess there are a lot more than I thought lol. God bless the short and average sized people. I think you need to make your house more gigantified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Haha! I guess there are a lot more than I thought lol. God bless the short and average sized people. I think you need to make your house more gigantified.
    We definitely need a bigger sofa!

ReputationRep:

Completely agree with the public transport one. The top carriage in a bus is very annoying as it's so low.

I have very long legs as well. My torso has barely grown-- I still had my year 7 blazer in Year 11, so leg room is a problem as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Completely agree with the public transport one. The top carriage in a bus is very annoying as it's so low.

I have very long legs as well. My torso has barely grown-- I still had my year 7 blazer in Year 11, so leg room is a problem as well
    Really annoying, isn't it - when your knees are always jammed up against the back of another chair or something. And then they turn round and give you a dirty look like you're deliberately jabbing something in the back of their chair. I have my legs sticking out in the aisle, and then someone comes along and starts tutting because I've put them there instead of behind the chair which they don't fit behind CAN"T WIN!!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    We definitely need a bigger sofa!
    = more money. That really is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    = more money. That really is a shame.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Really annoying, isn't it - when your knees are always jammed up against the back of another chair or something. And then they turn round and give you a dirty look like you're deliberately jabbing something in the back of their chair. I have my legs sticking out in the aisle, and then someone comes along and starts tutting because I've put them there instead of behind the chair which they don't fit behind CAN"T WIN!!!
    What about the c#nts who recline their chair, crushing your legs in the process?

I just tend to knee them in the back until they reset their seat.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spot on.
    I get you, even though I'm not tall. I know this 17 year old who is 6'7" and is still growing.

ReputationRep:
    What about the c#nts who recline their chair, crushing your legs in the process?

I just tend to knee them in the back until they reset their seat.
    LOL - exactly the same. Knee in the back until the ****ing move it forwards.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - exactly the same. Knee in the back until the ****ing move it forwards.
    I've had some glares but f#ck it.

If they want to relax don't book economy seats. Wan#ers.

ReputationRep:
    I've had some glares but f#ck it.

If they want to relax don't book economy seats. Wan#ers.
    This is exactly my attitude towards this. If they have kids, I stick my legs out for them trip over in the aisle and start crying, little shits.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.