Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather be 5'8 or 6'5? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    This is exactly my attitude towards this. If they have kids, I stick my legs out for them trip over in the aisle and start crying, little shits.
    Ok that's a bit far. I push them over. Just joking.

Don't like crying children on flights though. It's hard enough to try to go to sleep in a chair, never mind when they're crying.

On my last flight, my in flight "entertainment" just didn't work at all. I had f#ck all to do for 8 hours and couldn't go to sleep

Spoiler:
    Show
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Ok that's a bit far. I push them over. Just joking.

Don't like crying children on flights though. It's hard enough to try to go to sleep in a chair, never mind when they're crying.

On my last flight, my in flight "entertainment" just didn't work at all. I had f#ck all to do for 8 hours and couldn't go to sleep

Spoiler:
    Show

PRSOM
    LOL

Totally agree about children and flights. They really ought to put kids in the hold for long-haul (actually, **** that - short-haul as well). Like cargo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    LOL

Totally agree about children and flights. They really ought to put kids in the hold for long-haul (actually, **** that - short-haul as well). Like cargo.
    Why not ship them in containers?

Probably fit around 300-600 children in a box. They do it with zoo animals. 😂😂

All in all though, I would rather be tall rather than a short person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Why not ship them in containers?

Probably fit around 300-600 children in a box. They do it with zoo animals. 😂😂
    Don't know. The hold has got oxygen in it, so I don't really see the problem. Chuck in a few Nintendo Switch and some fizzy pop and they'll be fine for a few hours. At the arrivals, just unload the crates of kids onto the carousel and the parents can wait for them to go round and pick them off with their luggage.

Job done.

All in all though, I would rather be tall rather than a short person
    Yep, agreed

ReputationRep:
    Rather be a bit too tall than way too short.

ReputationRep:
    5'8.
    I'm currently 6'1, and although it's pretty much the ideal height for a guy atm, I hate it. I'm too conspicuous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigglr)
    As a guy would you rather be 5'8 or 6'5?
    honestly? as a five foot four dude i would be honestly ecstatic to be either of those. v o v bloody genetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    5'8.
    I'm currently 6'1, and although it's pretty much the ideal height for a guy atm, I hate it. I'm too conspicuous.
    First world problems.

ReputationRep:
    6'5". I'm only half an inch off 5'8" as is. I doubt that extra 1.75 cm would have gotten me laid by now. 9.5 inches however I think might have been another story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    First world problems.
    Yeah, probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Yeah, probably.
    If you stand out at 6ft 1 then I pity people like myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    6'5 it's only a few more inches and I'd have a bit bigger **** I guess
    LOL! No. It'd just look smaller relative to your height. No correlation.

I would think there would be a number of issues with being 6'5 which outweigh it's "benefits". Such as finding clothing that fits, low ceilings and door frames, leg room on flights, health issues. I've got a friend who's significantly taller than 6'5. He has a custom bed too.

I'm not tall, I'm pretty average but have issues in other respects. Height is nothing to really be jealous of. I'm sure it can be nice but as Reality Check has also said, it has its disadvantages. Average male height is about 5'10. 2" is really not that much, if it were more I might have to think a bit harder. 5'8
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    5'8

ReputationRep:
    If you stand out at 6ft 1 then I pity people like myself.
    I honestly hate standing out, but if I was completely ignored, then I probably wouldn't enjoy that either. Ugh, life.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Definitely 5'8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    5'8
    Isn't monsieur Macron around that height?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Isn't monsieur Macron around that height?
    He is indeed

ReputationRep:
    5ft 8 that way I can be attractive just by being the cute little guy taller girls love to hug. Being tall means you stand out too much and you have to get buff to avoid looking super lanky and awkward.

ReputationRep:
    5'8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    6'5 it's only a few more inches and I'd have a bit bigger **** I guess
    There is zero scientific proof of height being directly proportional to **** size. The two things are not related. In actual fact the taller the guy the more his **** will look twiddly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.