Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

First time car insurance Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone estimate how much i would pay for car insurance as a 23 year old, first time driver on a 2.0L diesel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishlad2017)
    Can anyone estimate how much i would pay for car insurance as a 23 year old, first time driver on a 2.0L diesel?
    In the region of £1500-2000 as that is a large engine size for a first time driver
    Though as you are 23 you may get it for nearer 1000

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you put info into a comparison site and see what comes up?

ReputationRep:
    What car is it exactly? anywhere around 1000-1500 depending on where you live and how much bhp the car has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    What car is it exactly? anywhere around 1000-1500 depending on where you live and how much bhp the car has
    Bmw 3 series 2003, in and around 140-150 bhp.

ReputationRep:
    Bmw 3 series 2003, in and around 140-150 bhp.
    It would probably be about 1500-2000 for your first year and then it would go down

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and I am paying £1200 (Comprehensive cover) for a 1.4L diesel.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This thread should be in Cars and Motoring - tagging AngryJellyfish to get it moved.

No one can tell you how much your insurance will cost. Get a quote to find out.

See the sticky at the top of Cars and Motoring for tips on lowering your premiums.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you going for 2.0L for your first car? I really don't understand why people do this. As stated above, as you're older it *may* make a difference. But to my knowledge, age will only make insurance cheaper for you once you hit 25. It seems to be the magical age where you're deemed as mature and responsible. You should check the compare websites to see prices but it will likely be somewhere between £1100-£1800 for the year.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.