Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People think I'm Muslim... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm brown (yes, I'm Asian) and I hate the fact that people look down on me as if I'm a Muzzy, when I'm atheist.

It messes with my head. I am basically a British, westernised individual trapped in a brown body (sounds stupid).

I'm becoming increasingly worried considering the recent acid attacks in London against coloured people.

What should I do? Christians would just wear a crucifix probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoaoInt.)
    I'm brown (yes, I'm Asian) and I hate the fact that people look down on me as if I'm a Muzzy, when I'm atheist.

It messes with my head. I am basically a British, westernised individual trapped in a brown body (sounds stupid).

I'm becoming increasingly worried considering the recent acid attacks in London against coloured people.

What should I do? Christians would just wear a crucifix probably.
    Seriously.

You can't do anything

I'm also brown and not Muslim as are a tonne of people in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Seriously.

You can't do anything

I'm also brown and not Muslim as are a tonne of people in the UK
    Are you religious?

ReputationRep:
    Wear a a Niqab, that way people don't see the colour of your skin.

ReputationRep:
    Are you religious?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    It messes with my head. I am basically a British, westernised individual trapped in a brown body (sounds stupid)
    Please don't give the there-are-172-genders pink-haired feminists any more ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you're a Catholic priest and dress up as one. Nobody will mistake you for a Muslim

What have people said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hendrix.)
    Wear a a Niqab, that way people don't see the colour of your skin.
    LOL! yeah that will take the worry away .

Cant do anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Please don't give the there-are-172-genders-pink-haired feminists any more ideas.
    Fk me lol, I just realised how bad that sounds ahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Bleach your skin breh
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There are so many people in the UK who are Asian or who are of Asian descent and are not Muslim. There are attacks against people of all skin tones, but I understand where you're coming from regarding the acid attacks. Truth be told, the chance you'll be acid attacked is minuscule so just embrace the person you are, don't worry about what others think

ReputationRep:
    Am brown but raised Russian Orthodox.

Unfortunately given the demographics of Islam, it's safe to say that I get why people would assume that.
    (I don't personally see any 'Abu Bakr Abdullah Bin-John Smith's anywhere).

I guess what we have to do is live with it. However the people I do know, know that I go through many cans of Lager, so, perhaps not the most hArAm behaviour.

tl;dr i look and act haram so as to not attract attention

ReputationRep:
    Lighten your skin

ReputationRep:
    wear blue contacts and dye your hair blonde man i'm not even joking

ReputationRep:
    You lot need bloody help, preferably psychological help. You are recommending upon this person who already seems to have evident identity issues that they bleach their skin as though you are unaware of the horrendous effects of this stupid product. You are recommending a life time of torture upon them, increased chance of skin cancer, cataracts and thinning of their skin (few of the thousands of consequences of attempting to emulate a beauty standard pushed down your throats) Just love yourself and accept who you are fam, it is not that deep that you need to stress yourself and heighten your chances of all sort of diseases for. If someone is wicked enough to get a bucket of acid and throw it over your face they will truly not care whether you've lightened your skin ( because you will never rid yourself of your Asian features you were born with) and they will not care how

ReputationRep:
    1. It's Muslim FYI
    2. They are ignorant and it's disgusting how they generalise Muslims to be of one skin tone/race/ethnicity because Muslims are very diverse.

ReputationRep:
    I am a brown faux suede Russian settee and i get mistaken for muslim all the time wot do />

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1408)
    LOL! yeah that will take the worry away .

Cant do anything tbh.
    Tehehehe ikr :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    #firstworldproblems
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but laugh when people say "I'm brown" :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.