anyone doing any of these subjects?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone just finished the following AS subjects on these exam boards:

English Language: AQA
    Media Studies: AQA
    History: Edexcel
    Sociology: AQA

The reason is, i only know of ONE person on here that does sociology AQA, there must be more people who do these subjects on the same exam board, if not, then oh well im wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Media AS...not sure if I'll carry it on for A2 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    I just finished Media AS...not sure if I'll carry it on for A2 though.
    If you were with AQA, did you do the SKY NEWS bulletin for med 1 cos i found it odd that i got 54/90 for that(scraped a C) but on med 2 the harder essay paper i really did write a load of shite and got 87/90.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    If you were with AQA, did you do the SKY NEWS bulletin for med 1 cos i found it odd that i got 54/90 for that(scraped a C) but on med 2 the harder essay paper i really did write a load of shite and got 87/90.
    Nah, I did WJEC...wrote a load of **** for med 1 and got 81/90

ReputationRep:
    In my AS year, 16 people failed Med1! My teacher was a bit annoyed, cause only one person got an A overall that year. I think I got 54 or 56 or something first time round.

Some of my friends who re-sat Med1 in the summer did the sky news thing, but I'm not sure how they did. I resat it in January and did got some stupid magazine thing.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I did WJEC...wrote a load of **** for med 1 and got 81/90

you bod lol, some of media sounds really intelligent, but some sounds so waffley and i still get away with it!!!!! I got a low A overall, 250 UMS marks, somethings telling me to re sit med one but then is there really a point??? I know i could get an A if they were to give me a still image or an advertisment

ReputationRep:
    you bod lol, some of media sounds really intelligent, but some sounds so waffley and i still get away with it!!!!! I got a low A overall, 250 UMS marks, somethings telling me to re sit med one but then is there really a point??? I know i could get an A if they were to give me a still image or an advertisment
    I would retake it if I were you, it gives you a cushion for A2...by the way I got 257 UMS, maybe I am a bod

ReputationRep:
    I would retake it if I were you, it gives you a cushion for A2...by the way I got 257 UMS, maybe I am a bod
    Yeah thats why i wanted to retake it. So if you think i should re take that paper do u think i should re take one of my history modules to bring me up to a C cos i just cant face being a C! B will do me just fine and i would love to say, B or A at A2, not c!

History ---coursework 89/120
    source paper 54/90
    essay paper 59/90

Do you think i should re take that source paper?? All i need is eight more marks to get a B!!!! What happens if i do worse though, do i get to keep the higher one??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats why i wanted to retake it. So if you think i should re take that paper do u think i should re take one of my history modules to bring me up to a C cos i just cant face being a C! B will do me just fine and i would love to say, B or A at A2, not c!

source paper 54/90
    essay paper 59/90

Do you think i should re take that source paper?? All i need is eight more marks to get a B!!!! What happens if i do worse though, do i get to keep the higher one??
    Yep you keep the higher one, all you would lose is the entry fee (about £12).

ReputationRep:

source paper 54/90
    essay paper 59/90

I'd definitly retake... I know people who've gone up an entire two grades in history by resitting a couple of papers, and if you're only 8 marks off a B you definitly have a good chance of getting that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I'd definitly retake... I know people who've gone up an entire two grades in history by resitting a couple of papers, and if you're only 8 marks off a B you definitly have a good chance of getting that up.
    Thanks for the advice, on this thread, and the other!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

The reason is, i only know of ONE person on here that does sociology AQA, there must be more people who do these subjects on the same exam board, if not, then oh well im wrong!
    Yup, i have just done AQA AS English Language and Sociology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Yup, i have just done AQA AS English Language and Sociology
    yeah lol u were the person who i remembered

ReputationRep:

Yup.

ReputationRep:
    i just did AQA eng lit. its a piece of p*ss, just make sure you remember to refer to features of time periods in module 3.

the reason you cant find many doing these subjects is cos most schools dont offer sociology or media. if you had chosen eg math, everyone offers it so you have more people!

ReputationRep:
    The sky news one I got 84/90. The other essay one I got 90/90, which was totally unbelievable. What two topics did you do? I did Films & Broadcast Fiction and Documentaries.

On the practical production I made the opening title sequence to a psychological horror.

P.S. Your birthday is exactly 3 weeks after mine. Wow.

ReputationRep:

hey

i do media studies AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    The sky news one I got 84/90. The other essay one I got 90/90, which was totally unbelievable. What two topics did you do? I did Films & Broadcast Fiction and Documentaries.

On the practical production I made the opening title sequence to a psychological horror.

P.S. Your birthday is exactly 3 weeks after mine. Wow.
    90/90 is really good, i was shocked with my med 2 also.
    I picked Advertising and Marketing and Film and broadcast fiction, for advertising i picked the question about what strategies that advertisers use to gain attention for their brand or something like that. For film, i wrote about American Beauty and the question was something along the lines of asking why a certain film stands out, its vague, in my mind, maybe you'll remember! I found documentaries soooo boring and also newspapers, so i steered well away from them as i hadnt even prepared. Mind you, i didnt prepare for the whole thing.

Oh yeah, and for the practical production i did an advertising campaign, got an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    hey

i do media studies AQA

What did you do in your AS?? And what are you thinking about for you're independent study??

ReputationRep:
    90/90 is really good, i was shocked with my med 2 also.
    I picked Advertising and Marketing and Film and broadcast fiction, for advertising i picked the question about what strategies that advertisers use to gain attention for their brand or something like that. For film, i wrote about American Beauty and the question was something along the lines of asking why a certain film stands out, its vague, in my mind, maybe you'll remember! I found documentaries soooo boring and also newspapers, so i steered well away from them as i hadnt even prepared. Mind you, i didnt prepare for the whole thing.

Oh yeah, and for the practical production i did an advertising campaign, got an A.
    For the films topic I done the question that was something like 'compare and contrast two films and how their ideas and values are represented in just their opening and closing sequences'. I think I wrote about 28 Days Later and The Life of David Gale. Both good films.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.