Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please answer ASAP: Am I too old for my mum to come to the doctors with me? Watch

I'm 18 and I have a doctors appointment in 30 mins.
    My Mum doesn't normally come to the doctors with me but I had a bad blood test and she wants to come.

Should I let her or am I too old?

ReputationRep:
    yes, let her come lmao, why not?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    You can let her come in at any age

ReputationRep:
    yh I get what you mean but it's not like she's joining you to a party or night out or something, she's just worried is all. i'd say let her come tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My Mum doesn't normally come to the doctors with me but I had a bad blood test and she wants to come.

I'm 42 and still take both my parents when going to see the doctor.

ReputationRep:

If she wants to come, let her - you're doing it more for her than you Mums like to worry.

Thanks everyone, looks like she's coming.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

It should be your choice. If you want her to come let her, but if you don't then refuse.
    There's no age too old for having your mum come with you!
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    Haha my mum still comes with me, I have a blood test soon and usually I have to ask her to come even though she tries pushing me to go alone she gives in.

Only if it’s personal I’ll go alone, most the time it isn’t

ReputationRep:
    it's absolutely fine going with your mum, loads of people go with their parents. i went to the doctors recently and best believe i was too shy and still had to get my mum explain to the doc what's wrong with me

ReputationRep:
    She's your Mum, she's already conceived, carried, given birth, and raised you for the first 18 years.

Another hour or two won't hurt

ReputationRep:
    it's not a big deal either way, I've been doing the doctor alone since I was about 15 because I prefer it but it's normal to bring someone with you (whether it's a parent, partner, etc) for support and to be a second set of ears in case you miss something or don't ask a question you need to
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It's fine. My mum comes to my hospital appointments.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.