Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Really nervous about Greggs interview? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a job interview next week for Greggs, and it'll be my first interview. I'm really nervous, as I'm a naturally shy and awkward person sometimes. I've read about some of the interview questions, what to wear etc. but I'm wondering about how I get to the interview. Am I supposed to walk into the shop and tell the people behind the counter that I'm there for an interview, or will somebody meet me in the actual shop? What happens if I get there early? I don't want to make an idiot of myself.

Also, how can I stop myself from panicking and worrying? I usually listen to music to calm down, but if the interviewer/recruiter sees me with earphones in it might seem rude. (I obviously wouldn't listen to music during the interview.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by skasisparadigm)
    I've got a job interview next week for Greggs, and it'll be my first interview. I'm really nervous, as I'm a naturally shy and awkward person sometimes. I've read about some of the interview questions, what to wear etc. but I'm wondering about how I get to the interview. Am I supposed to walk into the shop and tell the people behind the counter that I'm there for an interview, or will somebody meet me in the actual shop? What happens if I get there early? I don't want to make an idiot of myself.

Also, how can I stop myself from panicking and worrying? I usually listen to music to calm down, but if the interviewer/recruiter sees me with earphones in it might seem rude. (I obviously wouldn't listen to music during the interview.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
    When you arrive at the branch or wherever it is, just say you are there for an interview and mention the name of the person you are there to see.

Get there 5-10 minutes early.

Print off a copy of the e-mail/ letter.

Its ok to listen to music, but one you are on the premises stop and take your earphones out. Concentrate otherwise they will mistake it for you not taking it seriously.

You can avoid getting nervous just by practicing questions with a friend, your mum or in front of a mirror. They just want to know who you are, why you chose them, what skills you have for the job and whether you will fit in.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...ons-E10161.htm

GL

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.