Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am in year 10 going into year 11 and i need a 7 minimum in my history gcse but i haven't covered all the content. I was thinking of revising over the summer with the cgp aqa book. However my problem is that the cgp aqa book does not cover all the content and my school is not the best in helping students. Do you have any ideas on what could help me get a 7 or above and any aqa history books that will cover all the content.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Danny7867)
    i am in year 10 going into year 11 and i need a 7 minimum in my history gcse but i haven't covered all the content. I was thinking of revising over the summer with the cgp aqa book. However my problem is that the cgp aqa book does not cover all the content and my school is not the best in helping students. Do you have any ideas on what could help me get a 7 or above and any aqa history books that will cover all the content.
    If you want a head start then get he revision books for each of your period modules and make a full set of notes over year 10 stuff to put you in a good position for year 11.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...a+gcse+history

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above post - condense all important info and learn it. Also, practise the different types of questions that you have and time yourself since timings are the worst. I've not had much practise at timings and I just about scraped a 7 in one of my topics so you need to be on top of timings to think of complex explanations under pressure. Practise complex explanations and perception (which is very hard and perception is very hard to teach, let alone self teach) to get those high marks. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you want a head start then get he revision books for each of your period modules and make a full set of notes over year 10 stuff to put you in a good position for year 11.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...a+gcse+history
    is there a book which can provide all the modules?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Danny7867)
    is there a book which can provide all the modules?
    No

Ive given you the link to show you whats available. When teachers choose History they have the option to choose several periods, so what you are studying may not be what other schools study. Just select the periods you are studying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.