Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really dont know what to write about please can you give me a topic and what to write about it
    thanx
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batya leon)
    i really dont know what to write about please can you give me a topic and what to write about it
    thanx
    Is this for creative writing? Speeches? This may be why you have not had any responses yet, it is not clear.

ReputationRep:
    I did an English speaking exam for GCSE, so I am going to assume you're talking to something similar to that

You want to pick a topic that interests you - something you can talk about for ages from the top of your head. I personally talked about the history of video games in my speaking assessment, how they came about and the first consoles (pretty geeky, I know). The topic doesn't matter too much to the teacher assessing, so using made up (but suitable) figures and facts was allowed.

I suggest you do a topic you're interested in mainly, but also maybe something that you can argue a point about. For example, if they should lower the voting age or not, whether school uniforms must be mandatory or not etc. Having a topic like this helps because you can argue both sides, and then give your opinion

I hope this somewhat helped because you weren't too clear on your question!

ReputationRep:
    thanx i did my speech i spoke about technology and the internet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.