batya leon
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i really dont know what to write about please can you give me a topic and what to write about it
thanx
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by batya leon)
i really dont know what to write about please can you give me a topic and what to write about it
thanx
Is this for creative writing? Speeches? This may be why you have not had any responses yet, it is not clear.
Sweetroll
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did an English speaking exam for GCSE, so I am going to assume you're talking to something similar to that

You want to pick a topic that interests you - something you can talk about for ages from the top of your head. I personally talked about the history of video games in my speaking assessment, how they came about and the first consoles (pretty geeky, I know). The topic doesn't matter too much to the teacher assessing, so using made up (but suitable) figures and facts was allowed.

I suggest you do a topic you're interested in mainly, but also maybe something that you can argue a point about. For example, if they should lower the voting age or not, whether school uniforms must be mandatory or not etc. Having a topic like this helps because you can argue both sides, and then give your opinion

I hope this somewhat helped because you weren't too clear on your question!
batya leon
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thanx i did my speech i spoke about technology and the internet
batya leon
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i wrote about all the good stuff
like online shopping
safety
being able to talk to ppl in different countries........
and then i spoke about the bad suff
how teenagers are on it most of the time
less sociable
internet can be a distraction when ur trying to work
can also be unsafe......
all togethere i wrote 3 pages
and then remember that ppl will ask u questions
john cenaaaaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
can i write about my holiday?
batya leon
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i think so
im pretty sure u can write about anything
ask ur teacher
username3772346
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
write about something that you're passionate about because of you're into it then everyone becomes interested

I spoke about gender equality and how it is often misunderstood nowadays. I go to an all girls school so i made it very emotive so everyone would feel like it applies to them.
sweetstars
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you have to do a speech with a powerpoint presentation and does it affect anything if you include it or not?
SArunkumar
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sweetstars)
Do you have to do a speech with a powerpoint presentation and does it affect anything if you include it or not?
Well My teacher said you can use powerpoint presentation and she said I can't read of my notes but I can read of the powerpoint which totally dosen't make sense.
nishan21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
did the 3 pages last 5 minutes
Potato head1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What questions were askes
Potato head1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by batya leon)
iwh wrote about all the good stuff
like online shopping
safety
being able to talk to ppl in different countries........
and then i spoke about the bad suff
how teenagers are on it most of the time
less sociable
internet can be a distraction when ur trying to work
can also be unsafe......
all togethere i wrote 3 pages
and then remember that ppl will ask u questions
what sotsoquestions were asked? I'm thinking about talking about the internet too but I'm sorta worried about the questions or what sorta questions you were atleast asked so i can atleast not worry about that since I have social anxiety and getting asked something I dont know would freak me out and I would duck ye you get what I mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads