Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Course intensity Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have received my loan paper work but says it will only
    Be paid if over 25% intensity ? What does this mean?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gembob27)
    I have received my loan paper work but says it will only
    Be paid if over 25% intensity ? What does this mean?

"You may be able to get a Tuition Fee Loan if your part-time course has a ‘course intensity’ of 25% or more.
    ‘Course intensity’ measures how much of your course you complete each year compared to an equivalent full-time course. Check course intensity with your university or college."

So basically you need to do at least 25% of a full time course each year to be paid the loan.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

For part time applications you need to be studying at least 25% course intensity of a full time course (in one academic year) up to a maximum of 16 years to be eligible.

This means if the full time equivalent of your course took one year to complete then the part time one would need to be completed within four years at the most.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.