Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi!

So I applied for student finance in like June (going into 3rd year now) and I haven't heard anything back yet but I need to fill out a HC1 form for like health costs h/ever they're asking for the payment award notice or something which I haven't got yet so I'm not sure what to send them because idk how much I will be getting.
    Thankss!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by viratkohlis_)
    Hi!

So I applied for student finance in like June (going into 3rd year now) and I haven't heard anything back yet but I need to fill out a HC1 form for like health costs h/ever they're asking for the payment award notice or something which I haven't got yet so I'm not sure what to send them because idk how much I will be getting.
    Thankss!
    You'll have to wait to fill in the HC1 form until you have the details.

If you have to pay out in the meantime, you can ask for a receipt and claim the costs back later. To do this, you'll need a HC5 form.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

The above comment is not correct. You can actually send the form in without your student finance award letter, as they can just assume how much you are receiving based on how many academic weeks you were at uni for (they count the term dates you give them) - however if you are applying now you should know that you may not qualify, as they won't take any rent in unless you specifically tell them in the form that you are living in your student accommodation over the summer holidays.

Ah thank you guys!

Yeah I had a look and they did say you can send last years award notice as well so yeah I did that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.